FocusCanada Forums
Flexpipe Sound - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Flexpipe Sound (/showthread.php?tid=7815)

Flexpipe Sound - cornflakes - 10-18-2006

with no other mods other than cai and catback (2.25" trubendz w/ magnaflow muffler and resonator), if i change my 1.75" stock flex to a 2.25" flexpipe, how much louder will the car get? Does the sound also change too?

(if i like the sound of my car at current settings, i dont want the addition of a 2.25" flex to change it a lot......like the way a race header completely changes the sound of nice mellow deep toned car).

Flexpipe Sound - meford4u - 10-18-2006

you won't notice any difference with the change of the flex.

nice nice.......now i don't ever plan on adding a race header (just going to leave it stock) ....so with a 2.25" full cat-back exhaust.....do u think it makes sense to add a 2.25" flex or should i just leave it stock?

stock header + 2.25 flex + 2.25 catback
or
stock header + stock flex + 2.25 catback? (does it make much sense to spend more $$ on the flex with this setup without a race header...or just leave it stock and stick with the 2.25 catback?)

Flexpipe Sound - meford4u - 10-18-2006

without the shorty or race header, I don't think it's worth the $$$ to change the flex.

Flexpipe Sound - NikiterZTS - 10-18-2006

don't change the flex unless ur gonna change your header as well.....its only good if u wanna add up more hp to your car......if u only want the sound then yea no point......

i know im changin mine :D

thanks, i thought so too. I didn't think there would be any point in getting a hi-flow flex if im never going to get a race header. So i'll just stick with the catback exhaust system.