FocusCanada Forums
R/c Plane Handling Skillz - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: R/c Plane Handling Skillz (/showthread.php?tid=8499)

R/c Plane Handling Skillz - darkpuppet - 08-16-2006

impressive R/C plane skillz!

R/c Plane Handling Skillz - jen_deans - 08-17-2006

That is skill..

I was actually looking at byuing one of those, hmmm..

R/c Plane Handling Skillz - NOS2Go4Me - 08-17-2006

Massive amounts of practice went into that - he has moves!

R/c Plane Handling Skillz - euro_zx5 - 08-17-2006

That's sweet! I wonder how much practice went into that...

R/c Plane Handling Skillz - ZX3guy2000 - 08-17-2006

I want one!!!!

R/c Plane Handling Skillz - imack - 08-17-2006

I saw Benoit perform in person at the annual Toledo model show in April of this year. Believe it or not, with his skills he placed fourth in the competition! I would have given him first place, but I guess the judges have a few criteria that aren't in line with what I was looking for.

If you want to see more of this amazing indoor RC flying, go to putfile.com and do a search on "ETOC" (Electric Tournament of Champions). There's one of a 12-year kid there (Ryan Archer) that is unbelievable. I've been flying R/C for almost 20 years and I can't do anything even close to this. Mind you, I didn't do too bad at this year's control-line world championships: http://www.safa-grial.com/wc2006/data/res_f2d.pdf :)

Ivan MacKenzie.

R/c Plane Handling Skillz - darkpuppet - 08-18-2006

now.. control line flying.. that would be interesting to see in competition.

R/c Plane Handling Skillz - imack - 08-18-2006

darkpuppet,Aug 17 2006, 09:38 AM Wrote:now.. control line flying.. that would be interesting to see in competition.
[right][snapback]202758[/snapback][/right]
Here an example of control-line combat flying: http://www.aeromaniacs.com/Videos/HackerCombat.wmv

The airplanes in the video are smaller, slower, and turn much bigger than the class flown at the World Champs. Imagine motors that are turning 30,000 RPM, planes that fly about 90 MPH, and turn on a dime. And you have to fly your own airplane without looking at it, since your busy following the other guys plane. Tons of fun...