FocusCanada Forums
Canadian Rim Makers? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Appearance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Canadian Rim Makers? (/showthread.php?tid=8750)

Canadian Rim Makers? - PerfectSaiyan - 07-28-2006

Hello.

does anyone know of any canadian stores that make their own rims? or has their online catalogue like tirerack does (obviously not as big)

I want a new set, and I dont feel like being assraped by UPS again.. They want $105 in duties.. $52 for a brokerage fee. seriously for what? walking 30 feet to the customs building which is right next door, and getting him to sign a paper?

f***ing assclowns, anyways, does anyone know?

thanks
~Lorne

Canadian Rim Makers? - focusonthis_88 - 07-28-2006

http://www.tiretrends.com

They have really good prices.

Canadian Rim Makers? - ANTHONYD - 07-28-2006

THESE GUYS ARE IN MONTREAL

Canadian Rim Makers? - focusonthis_88 - 07-28-2006

ANTHONYD,Jul 27 2006, 02:22 PM Wrote:THESE GUYS ARE IN MONTREAL
[right][snapback]199305[/snapback][/right]

Fastco rims are expensive....I deal direct with does guys. So, if you need a price let me know. And there not that good(qualitie). The Motagei's from American Racing are really nice. I deal with all does rims so...let me know Lorne.

Canadian Rim Makers? - PerfectSaiyan - 07-28-2006

focusonthis_88,Jul 27 2006, 06:33 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Jul 27 2006, 02:22 PM Wrote:THESE GUYS ARE IN MONTREAL
[right][snapback]199305[/snapback][/right]

Fastco rims are expensive....I deal direct with does guys. So, if you need a price let me know. And there not that good(qualitie). The Motagei's from American Racing are really nice. I deal with all does rims so...let me know Lorne.
[right][snapback]199307[/snapback][/right]

im basically looking for 17x7 multispokes, so I dont have to spend another $600 on tires when mine are still in perfect shape. so 18s or 17x7.5 are out of the question.

I really want a set of the FRPP Multispokes (in white) because they are so damned cheap right now, and just get them powdercoated black to match the car............

Canadian Rim Makers? - ZX3TUNING - 08-04-2006

unless you are running a 205/40/17 tire, going from 7 to 7.5" width will not be an issue.
hell, if you go by most tire fitment charts you CAN run a 205/40 on an 8" rim... not the fit i suggest on anything heavier than the most gutted of Focus' but it can be done.

if you are running a 205/50 or 215/40 or 215/45, you can run pretty much any rim width from 6.5-8.5" in most cases. however ideal on the focus is 7-7.5" for those sizes.

and if you want a true Canadian rim maker, http://www.kodiakmotorsports.com is based out of Abbottsford(sp) and make some interesting wheels... not in the price range of the average focus owner but would definately be unique.

Canadian Rim Makers? - imack - 08-05-2006

http://www.1010tires.com/ They're based in Richmond, BC.

Canadian Rim Makers? - PerfectSaiyan - 08-07-2006

cool thanks guys.

I just ended up buying from the tire rack. I mean the local rim shop wanted $880 for Euro SVT Argents, but directly from thetirerack its $630 (before customs though)