FocusCanada Forums
Loud Exhaust - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Loud Exhaust (/showthread.php?tid=8897)

Loud Exhaust - castone - 07-14-2006

installed a magnaflow cat-back exhaust a few days ago
the thing is a lot louder then i wanted
does anyone know if there is a way to quiet it down without spending a sh*tload of money

Loud Exhaust - Focus man. Focus. - 07-14-2006

Is there a resonator in the mid pipe? if there isn't, get one. If there is get a bigger one.

Problem solved. I think, anyone else have a say on this?

Loud Exhaust - hardk0re - 07-14-2006

That pretty much covers it....

Do you have any other exhaust work, like headers? If you don't and planned on doing that, scratch that off your list :P

Loud Exhaust - torradan - 07-15-2006

Focus man, Focus.,Jul 13 2006, 11:19 PM Wrote:Is there a resonator in the mid pipe?  if there isn't, get one.  If there is get a bigger one. 

Problem solved.  I think, anyone else have a say on this?
[right][snapback]197490[/snapback][/right]

What he said. Friend put a magnaflow on his and it was really loud. Welded in a regular old Thrush glasspack between the flex and muffler, and it quited it down probably quieter than my MBRP.

Loud Exhaust - nass - 07-15-2006

I have a 4-2-1 header and a mangaflow exhaust... it was pretty loud so I went and slapped a 26" resonator in the middle which was the biggest that would fit in there and now it's quiet, deep and sweet.

Loud Exhaust - castone - 07-15-2006

ill look into a bigger resonator
deep and sweet sounds good
thanks
for the feedback guys

Loud Exhaust - Black_ZTS - 07-15-2006

I have a MBRP mid pipe with resonator for sell. PM me if you interested.

Loud Exhaust - focusracer - 07-15-2006

Loud pipes save lives :P

Loud Exhaust - boost til'bust - 07-16-2006

I had a massive resonator on my magnaflow....and it was still loud...that was with a kamakaze header 2.5" and 2.5" flex.....if I had to do it over....I probably wouldnt get a magnaflow....

my car is almost stock now, and it still seems loud, I have the stock manifold and cat on now....and it still seems kinda loud.

Loud Exhaust - Honkeytonk Monkey - 08-04-2006

This car came with a 4-1 header and the 2.5" magnaflow setup, it's stupid loud, possibly one of the loudest cars in the city... but if I drive like a branny it's quiet. I figure it keeps my lead foot in check so I don't get pulled over :)