FocusCanada Forums
Want Ford Freestyle Opinions! - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Want Ford Freestyle Opinions! (/showthread.php?tid=8902)

Want Ford Freestyle Opinions! - MAlby7 - 07-14-2006

My boss is looking at getting a Freestyle. What can you guys tell me about the vehicle besides the specs listed on the website. I'm looking for stuff you wouldn't be able to find unless you're part of a message board. Let me have it guys!

Want Ford Freestyle Opinions! - Chromey - 07-14-2006

Nice My Wife wants one too. Looking at getting one in the next few weeks.

All the info everyone has would be great.

Want Ford Freestyle Opinions! - mo_focus - 07-14-2006

MAlby7,Jul 13 2006, 08:05 PM Wrote:My boss is looking at getting a Freestyle.  What can you guys tell me about the vehicle besides the specs listed on the website.  I'm looking for stuff you wouldn't be able to find unless you're part of a message board.  Let me have it guys!
[right][snapback]197435[/snapback][/right]

tell your boss to go and rent one from hertz and drive it for a week. that is the best way to try something out. I know Hertz has it bc my uncle rented it while they where here.

I loved the inside of it. Looked really nice and it was well built. didn't ride in it long enough to give you my opinon

Want Ford Freestyle Opinions! - NefCanuck - 07-14-2006

MAlby7,Jul 13 2006, 03:05 PM Wrote:My boss is looking at getting a Freestyle.  What can you guys tell me about the vehicle besides the specs listed on the website.  I'm looking for stuff you wouldn't be able to find unless you're part of a message board.  Let me have it guys!
[right][snapback]197435[/snapback][/right]

Only real complaints I've heard is that it's slower than dirt with the 3.0L Duratec in it

NefCanuck

Want Ford Freestyle Opinions! - ZTWsquared - 07-14-2006

NefCanuck,Jul 13 2006, 07:35 PM Wrote:Only real complaints I've heard is that it's slower than dirt with the 3.0L Duratec in it[right][snapback]197458[/snapback][/right]
That's on paper only.

My dealer lent me a Limited AWD CVT to take the family to Florida for two weeks Christmas 05, and I was frankly very pleasantly surprised.

We loaded it down with a family of four and all our crap (and even more crap coming back, including a roof top carrier) and I couldn't believe how well it accelerated and held speed on steep hills. The CVT probably had a lot to do with that, but I think a six-speed should be pretty good too.

It was huge inside and much more comfortable than a minivan (for my wide body anyway) and the fuel economy was so much better than the Freestar we took to Florida the year before.

The fit and finish was first rate (it was a first year car, too) and I really grew to like the design of it.

And the AWD system was awesome ... going through the hills of Pennyslvania in a snow storm was absolutely inspiring and that was on all-season tires.

Having driven a Freestyle I would never consider an SUV if I needed AWD capability - and it's a great option for those who think they need a minivan.

IMO anyone considering a cross-over should have Freestyle on their list - and after a two-week, real-world test drive I feel comfortable recommending it.