FocusCanada Forums
Engine Is Out... - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Engine Is Out... (/showthread.php?tid=9155)

Engine Is Out... - Flofocus - 06-23-2006

Pics to come later on!

Got the new engine, got the old one out last night. Axles on the focus are a PITA, but I got them out (thanks bluetoy). Took off the header and intake manifold off the new engine, going to slap on the 00 intake manifold and log header on tonight.

Tranny is also out, so I'm gonna take it to the tranny shop to get the dif put in, at least I can save some money on that install..lol.

Everything is going good so far, just wish it never happened. :( Learning a s*** load though, which is really cool. And the new garage is officially crisined! :P

And NOS....I checked for the SPI head, he's got plenty, but there full engines. You'd have to call ahead of time for them to take it off. If you want to go that route, I suggest you get a hold of me, and I will get my buddy to do the talking (get you the same pricing I was getting).

Engine Is Out... - naz - 06-23-2006

any subaru engines at that place

Engine Is Out... - Flofocus - 06-23-2006

naz,Jun 22 2006, 11:09 AM Wrote:any subaru engines at that place
[right][snapback]194672[/snapback][/right]

Really not sure. what are you looking for? Actually, you just got me thinking...lol

EDIT: Just called my guy, he's gonna check on Friday for a WRX 2.0 and STI 2.5. :D

Engine Is Out... - NOS2Go4Me - 06-23-2006

Nate, I'll get back to yo shortly. Storage is an issue right now :|

Engine Is Out... - DadsToy - 06-23-2006

Flofocus,Jun 22 2006, 02:06 PM Wrote:Pics to come later on!

Got the new engine, got the old one out last night.  Axles on the focus are a PITA, but I got them out (thanks bluetoy).  Took off the header and intake manifold off the new engine, going to slap on the 00 intake manifold and log header on tonight.

[right][snapback]194658[/snapback][/right]

Good stuff! Yeah, getting the drive shafts out are a pain .... I "modified" a wrecking bar to get mine off when doing a bad CV boot.

Engine Is Out... - naz - 06-23-2006

Flofocus,Jun 22 2006, 03:23 PM Wrote:
naz,Jun 22 2006, 11:09 AM Wrote:any subaru engines at that place
[right][snapback]194672[/snapback][/right]

Really not sure. what are you looking for? Actually, you just got me thinking...lol

EDIT: Just called my guy, he's gonna check on Friday for a WRX 2.0 and STI 2.5. :D
[right][snapback]194674[/snapback][/right]

read my mind! jdm wrx/sti 2.0 or legacy/forester turbo 2.5 are ok too

Engine Is Out... - Phantom - 06-23-2006

I think I missed something. What happened to your engine flo?

Engine Is Out... - D-Dub - 06-23-2006

spun a rod bearing......

Engine Is Out... - naz - 06-29-2006

Flofocus,Jun 22 2006, 03:23 PM Wrote:EDIT:  Just called my guy, he's gonna check on Friday for a WRX 2.0 and STI 2.5.  :D
[right][snapback]194674[/snapback][/right]

so what's the word?