FocusCanada Forums
Inspection Station? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Basics (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Inspection Station? (/showthread.php?tid=956)

Inspection Station? - torradan - 09-03-2009

Been digging into things since I have to have a safety inspection done.. and looking for the best price. Apparently, prices vary depending where you go for this?

Anyone able to recommend a good garage in the east end somewhere that won't bend me over to get this done? Oh, and a place that also won't find "problems" where there aren't any.

Thanks!

Inspection Station? - mo_focus - 09-03-2009

inspection for what?

E-test? Certification or importing certification,

Safety is $50 for the test itself, they might ding you for other BS stuff, but test is only $50.
E-test is $37.10

Need to have safety & emissions done shortly.

Just did the joke of a "Federal" inspection that took all of like 3 minutes to do, and most of that time was driving the car in and out of the garage bay.

Inspection Station? - mo_focus - 09-03-2009

ok so that would be 50+37.10

Inspection Station? - Focus man. Focus. - 09-03-2009

Stay AWAY from Canadian Tire, unless all you are getting is an E-Test. What is your major intersection? I can check if we have any customers in the area that can do it for you.

Warden & Sheppard

Inspection Station? - Focus man. Focus. - 09-03-2009

Ok, give me some time. You need both an E-Test and a Saftey inspection correct?

Inspection Station? - ZX3_2NV - 09-03-2009

Ive seen safety between $50 and $60 bucks anything more than that they should get reported to the MTO.

Yeah need both. Probably get it done next week sometime.

Thanks for all the help too guys. Was doing some research and CTs were charging between $100-150 depending where the person went.

Inspection Station? - Scorcher000 - 09-04-2009

If you want a safety without anyone looking $80.

Inspection Station? - Focus man. Focus. - 09-04-2009

I sent my sister to G&R in Ajax at Westney and Hwy 2 and they did both the E-test and saftey and they cut her a good deal. I would suggest having a clean car and engine bay, which always helps the tech determine how well you take care of your car. They may be a bit easier on you than if your car was full of junk, if you know what I mean.

Inspection Station? - hardk0re - 09-04-2009

A clean engine has nothing to do with safety. Just make sure your brakes work good, your signals and all lights work and if the car is in overall good mechanical theres very little they will have to complain about.

Inspection Station? - Focus man. Focus. - 09-04-2009

hardk0re,Sep 3 2009, 10:21 AM Wrote:A clean engine has nothing to do with safety.  Just make sure your brakes work good, your signals and all lights work and if the car is in overall good mechanical theres very little they will have to complain about.
[right][snapback]293718[/snapback][/right]

I wasn't really saying that, but cleaner vehicles look better maintined if you know what I mean.

Inspection Station? - Scorcher000 - 09-04-2009

Thats the tip if your a trucker pulling into a weigh scale. THe better looking it is the more they just wave you threw.