FocusCanada Forums
Can't Open Hatch Without Key - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Basics (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Can't Open Hatch Without Key (/showthread.php?tid=9611)

Pages: 1 2

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - momswgn - 05-24-2006

:( :( So, 2 days ago i tried to open my hatch (02 wagon) with the keyfab and nothin. Then i tried with the button on the dash and still nothin. :blink: Is there a fuse for this?? HELP. using the key is soooo 80's.

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - Flofocus - 05-24-2006

The doors arent locked when your trying, are they? :unsure:

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - mo_focus - 05-24-2006

if its not the fuse, try the back of the switch. the plug might of come loose from the back of the trunk release button.

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - Phantom - 05-24-2006

Flofocus,May 23 2006, 10:42 AM Wrote:The doors arent locked when your trying, are they? :unsure:
[right][snapback]188926[/snapback][/right]
That doesn't matter least not on the 05's it still pops the hatch.

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - scoobasteve - 05-24-2006

its a wagon...

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - Flofocus - 05-24-2006

Phantom,May 23 2006, 01:31 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,May 23 2006, 10:42 AM Wrote:The doors arent locked when your trying, are they? :unsure:
[right][snapback]188926[/snapback][/right]
That doesn't matter least not on the 05's it still pops the hatch.
[right][snapback]188931[/snapback][/right]

It does on mine. If the front doors are locked, the trunk release wont open the trunk.

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - Burnin21 - 05-24-2006

Flo's right, if you try to pop the hatch with the front doors locked it wont work with the button inside the car, but by remote it should work. Maybe the release selenoid is cooked? Or a loose electrical connection? Tear it apart and investigate :) its the only way unless you still have warrenty then take it to the stealership

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - nass - 05-24-2006

scoobasteve,May 23 2006, 05:38 PM Wrote:its a wagon...
[right][snapback]188932[/snapback][/right]

You powers of deduction are incredible! how do you do it captain obvious?! :D

Um OK thanks, but where is the DAMN FUSE???? I looked in the cheesy manual and couldn't find anything.

And as an FYI, NO the doors were not locked. and NOPE on the warranty either.

So, if it's not the fuse then, would it be safe to assume it's the solenoid? No "clicking" sound when i push either button.

and guys, THANKS ! :)

Burnin21,May 23 2006, 11:16 AM Wrote:Flo's right, if you try to pop the hatch with the front doors locked it wont work with the button inside the car, but by remote it should work. Maybe the release selenoid is cooked? Or a loose electrical connection? Tear it apart and investigate :) its the only way unless you still have warrenty then take it to the stealership
[right][snapback]188938[/snapback][/right]
:huh: DEFINE TEAR IT APPART??? :huh: :blink: :o I'm Scarred.

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - ANTHONYD - 05-24-2006

Are the batteries good in your keyfob?

Also, it may be the contacts on the electronic latch itself.

My trunk on my sedan only opens when it feels like it :rolleyes:

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - scoobasteve - 05-24-2006

nass,May 23 2006, 03:06 PM Wrote:
scoobasteve,May 23 2006, 05:38 PM Wrote:its a wagon...
[right][snapback]188932[/snapback][/right]

You powers of deduction are incredible! how do you do it captain obvious?! :D
[right][snapback]188940[/snapback][/right]

I harnessed the powers of Jehova!

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - ANTHONYD - 05-24-2006

back on topic please.

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - mo_focus - 05-24-2006

momswgn,May 23 2006, 07:17 PM Wrote:
Burnin21,May 23 2006, 11:16 AM Wrote:Flo's right, if you try to pop the hatch with the front doors locked it wont work with the button inside the car, but by remote it should work. Maybe the release selenoid is cooked? Or a loose electrical connection? Tear it apart and investigate :) its the only way unless you still have warrenty then take it to the stealership
[right][snapback]188944[/snapback][/right]

Before you take the whole back apart, just look under the dash switch, as i said most likely it has come off.

mo_focus,May 23 2006, 01:27 PM Wrote:
momswgn,May 23 2006, 07:17 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]188944[/snapback][/right]

Before you take the whole back apart, just look under the dash switch, as i said most likely it has come off.
[right][snapback]188967[/snapback][/right]
NOPE , it has not come off. Come on guys HELP !!!! :blink:

And back to my original question which fuse is it and where is it???

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - Focus man. Focus. - 05-24-2006

Easy way to check for a burnt fuse. Get a test light and check them all. Probe both sides and watch for the light to go out. On the fuse panel cover it should give you some basic guidelines on which fuse does what. Best way is to get in there and check.

Oh BTW they are under the dash on the drivers side close to the door.

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - Burnin21 - 05-24-2006

Ya fuses are located drivers side close to the floor like focus man focus said. As for tear it apart, just take off the hatch interior trim and find the motor/selenoid that unlocks the hatch put your ear up to it and hold the unlock button. Hear anything? Nope, then thats your problem (check fuses first tho PLEASE) If yes then ?!?! I dunno. I bet thats your problem tho, it might have cooked itself or just needs to be cleaned :)

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - momswgn - 05-25-2006

Focus man, Focus.,May 23 2006, 08:03 PM Wrote:Easy way to check for a burnt fuse.  Get a test light and check them all.  Probe both sides and watch for the light to go out.  On the fuse panel cover it should give you some basic guidelines on which fuse does what.  Best way is to get in there and check. 

[right][snapback]189126[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, I know where the fuses are but i was hoping someone might know exactly which one i need to be looking at as there are over 40 if i remenber right. i looked in the manual again and there is no mention of "hatch" "pwr door" "rear" anything. :huh: crappy and useless manual.

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - Flofocus - 05-25-2006

It should say it on the cover, which fuses are wich

Can't Open Hatch Without Key - Focus man. Focus. - 05-25-2006

momswgn,May 24 2006, 04:43 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,May 23 2006, 08:03 PM Wrote:Easy way to check for a burnt fuse.  Get a test light and check them all.  Probe both sides and watch for the light to go out.  On the fuse panel cover it should give you some basic guidelines on which fuse does what.   Best way is to get in there and check. 

[right][snapback]189126[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, I know where the fuses are but i was hoping someone might know exactly which one i need to be looking at as there are over 40 if i remenber right. i looked in the manual again and there is no mention of "hatch" "pwr door" "rear" anything. :huh: crappy and useless manual.
[right][snapback]189239[/snapback][/right]

Yes this should help you out. If the fuse is ok, take the trim off from around the Speedo and check the connection at the release button on the dash.