FocusCanada Forums
Car Alarm Help - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on I.C.E. (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Car Alarm Help (/showthread.php?tid=9672)

Car Alarm Help - naz - 05-18-2006

my car came with an aftermarket alarm installed that i don't know anything about. i found the siren (couldn't find a backup.. either boo or i suck too badly to find it) found the control box thingy.

i'm trying to understand how to program the key fobs and the manual keeps talking about a 'valet/program button' i can't for the life of me find the thing. is that a physical button with a wire going to the control box? what should i be looking for?

thanks for the help!

Car Alarm Help - scoobasteve - 05-18-2006

Theres usualy a valet button or switch... check under the steering column.

On my alpine alarms it was a silver switch. you just toggle it.

other good locations to check are glove box. center console.

Car Alarm Help - mo_focus - 05-18-2006

naz,May 17 2006, 06:55 PM Wrote:my car came with an aftermarket alarm installed that i don't know anything about. i found the siren (couldn't find a backup.. either boo or i suck too badly to find it) found the control box thingy.

i'm trying to understand how to program the key fobs and the manual keeps talking about a 'valet/program button' i can't for the life of me find the thing.  is that a physical button with a wire going to the control box?  what should i be looking for?

thanks for the help!
[right][snapback]188140[/snapback][/right]

valet button is usually hidden somewhere. depending on what kind of a car it is and where the installer felt like hidding the switch. You can sort of start following the wires and see where they lead you.

On my old civic the valet switch was behind the front driver door, near the fuse box.

Car Alarm Help - naz - 05-18-2006

thanks guys. i guess worse comes to worse i will take apart the dash later and see how it all fits together.