FocusCanada Forums
Toms N/a Tune - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Toms N/a Tune (/showthread.php?tid=969)

Pages: 1 2

Toms N/a Tune - sonic_mikey - 08-29-2009

Anyone have his NA tune? is it really as good has he says? and more importantly anyone wanna let me use it lmao

Toms N/a Tune - Scourge - 08-30-2009

You can't just use someone else's tune. You need your own tuner to install it, the tuner is locked to the car until you return it to stock. And you'll also need a tune that is set up for your ECU code.

-George

Toms N/a Tune - tetra - 08-30-2009

I have Tom's NA tune and it kicks ass! The bad things I've heard about him are communication. I haven't had that problem though. I talk to him on AIM whenever I need help. He's written over 11 revisions for me to fine tune everything when I give him logs for WOT. Huge difference in the car, feels amazing.

And the format for X3 tune files has changed now. They are in .CEF format (client e-mail file) and assigned a unique ID to each, so you can just use other peoples files. And I wouldn't do that either as each tune is specific to a car and will be different.

For instance, on my 2009 the first tune ran way rich when in the past most cars were lean. So you never know, but Tom's tune is awesome!

Toms N/a Tune - ZX3_2NV - 08-31-2009

If you want to tune n/a just buy an xcal 2 or 3 and head to DaSilva Racing if your in the east or steeda.ca in the west and go from there.

Toms N/a Tune - SL8RZZX3 - 09-01-2009

i never really thought a tune was worth it until you got boost.....

But since i do :D

More tuning for me at Steeda.ca tomorrow

I just wish i had time to get my newly acquired items installed first :D

But since you have an SVT it might make a difference, but i doubt it will be worth while for the price tag of a tuner + dyno time

Toms N/a Tune - tetra - 09-01-2009

SL8RZZX3,Aug 31 2009, 03:15 PM Wrote:i never really thought a tune was worth it until you got boost.....

I was a bit skeptical too, but the difference between stock and my NA tune is night and day. I couldn't believe the difference! But what's nice about Tom's tune is that if you buy the device from him, tune files and updates are free. Which is awesome because he's written over 12 revisions for me to far to make everything as smooth as butta!

With that said, I wish I had boost though :( lol

Toms N/a Tune - Scorcher000 - 09-01-2009

Quote:With that said, I wish I had boost though :( lol

We all do. :ph34r:

Toms N/a Tune - Spinal - 09-01-2009

SL8RZZX3,Aug 31 2009, 03:15 PM Wrote:i never really thought a tune was worth it until you got boost.....
probably more noticeable with an automatic.

Toms N/a Tune - GFXjamie - 09-02-2009

screw boost, drop in a 4.6L 4 vavle with a t-5 and 4.10 rear end! rock that s*** till the sun goes down, RWD and 300hp... cant really go wrong there! haha altho we all wish we had the cash for that to...

Toms N/a Tune - darkpuppet - 09-02-2009

GFXjamie,Sep 1 2009, 01:37 PM Wrote:screw boost, drop in a 4.6L 4 vavle with a t-5 and 4.10 rear end! rock that s*** till the sun goes down, RWD and 300hp... cant really go wrong there! haha altho we all wish we had the cash for that to...
[right][snapback]293609[/snapback][/right]

well, unless you spent the cash on an IRS, You'd have a focus that corners like a mustang...not entirely a good thing IMO.

I think most people would be damn happy with forced induction -- and besides, it's probably cheaper to get 4 forged rods and pistons than 8. :P

darkpuppet,Sep 1 2009, 02:17 PM Wrote:
GFXjamie,Sep 1 2009, 01:37 PM Wrote:screw boost, drop in a 4.6L 4 vavle with a t-5 and 4.10 rear end! rock that s*** till the sun goes down, RWD and 300hp... cant really go wrong there! haha altho we all wish we had the cash for that to...

well, unless you spent the cash on an IRS, You'd have a focus that corners like a mustang...not entirely a good thing IMO.

I think most people would be damn happy with forced induction -- and besides, it's probably cheaper to get 4 forged rods and pistons than 8. :P
[right][snapback]293614[/snapback][/right]
you make a good point... altho the 4.6l can handle 17psi with lots of methanol injection and then youd have a 500whp focus, with that said, ud have so much power that u wudnt even need to corner, just drift that s*** haha. but all that aside, IRS is awesome, but for me, i like straight line running right now, might shift into some tracking of the car. we shall see...

dont u have a mustang? lol

Toms N/a Tune - Flofocus - 09-02-2009

that will only cost you like 10k!

Toms N/a Tune - tetra - 09-02-2009

Fundraiser time! Where da sponsors at!!

Flofocus,Sep 1 2009, 02:24 PM Wrote:
that will only cost you like 10k!
[right][snapback]293618[/snapback][/right]

lol i bet drew dropped atleast that into his focus... and still shot third gear all to hell! wud make for a wiked car... i wish the terminator focus went into production with that said...soooo sick

Toms N/a Tune - Spinal - 09-02-2009

only 10k? i heard the mustang conversion was like 25k

i checked out costs on it when my UDP blew off and i thought my motor was pooched lol u can get a motor and tranny for 1500, the kit is around 5-6k for all the conversion parts, then u need the brains and time to put it in, get new wheels, and a gas tank. all for around 10k and doing most of the work your self uve got a v8 focus lol

also, read up on the terminator focus, that thing is mean, 450 odd hp RWD 4v supercharged cobra motor running 13psi and with no traction hit a 12.7 or something at the drag strip. also was only like 1 second slower then evo IIIV on slalom

Toms N/a Tune - ZX3_2NV - 09-03-2009

If I was to do it all over again after I blew the motor with the presion turbo kit I Would have done a Kugel V8 Conversion. I looked into it the kit was $8000 then you pretty much needed a doner car. The main reason I didn't do it was beacsue I wouldn't be able to drag race in any sport compact events like CSCS becasue I wouldn't fit into any classes. I would be forced to race in OSCA vs other V8's.

Toms N/a Tune - Spinal - 09-03-2009

GFXjamie,Sep 2 2009, 08:14 AM Wrote:also, read up on the terminator focus, that thing is mean, 450 odd hp RWD 4v supercharged cobra motor running 13psi and with no traction hit a 12.7 or something at the drag strip. also was only like 1 second slower then evo IIIV on slalom
for the baller factor i guess its alright but 12.7 theres guys who get that with boosted foci, and still get 30mpgs on the highway.

Toms N/a Tune - GFXjamie - 09-03-2009

Spinal,Sep 2 2009, 10:17 AM Wrote:
GFXjamie,Sep 2 2009, 08:14 AM Wrote:also, read up on the terminator focus, that thing is mean, 450 odd hp RWD 4v supercharged cobra motor running 13psi and with no traction hit a 12.7 or something at the drag strip. also was only like 1 second slower then evo IIIV on slalom
for the baller factor i guess its alright but 12.7 theres guys who get that with boosted foci, and still get 30mpgs on the highway.
[right][snapback]293655[/snapback][/right]

thats a 12.7 and getting no traction, toss some slicks on there and it will likely rock a low 12 for sure. thats also with a 117 or so MPH... my buddys stang runs like 12.2 and traps only 109. clearly showing this would be a 11 second car with proper traction and driver behind the wheel. drew never broke out of the 13's with his car, he could of mind you if the MTX trannys could hold up. regardless, the terminator focus wud have been 65 grand... way to much, but for what it is, it killed the cobra in handling and acceleration, cud keep up with porches, trailed slightly behind the evo on slalom and looks like a regular SVTF.

Not only that but i wanna see these F/I focus's running 12's without having some crazy set up worth huge cash. most ppl on the FS stage 2 will hit likely a high 13 or low 14.

Toms N/a Tune - Focus man. Focus. - 09-03-2009

GFXjamie,Sep 2 2009, 12:50 PM Wrote:keep up with porches
[right][snapback]293665[/snapback][/right]

Keep up with? I would rather sit on one drinking a beer. :lol: