FocusCanada Forums
Rear Brake Shoes - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Rear Brake Shoes (/showthread.php?tid=9813)

Rear Brake Shoes - focuzedn2o - 05-06-2006

has anybody had a problem with the rear shoes on their focus?
just want some feedback guys?

Rear Brake Shoes - habmann - 05-06-2006

I've only done mine once so far. And that was after about 100k of driving on them so i'd say they last pretty good.

Rear Brake Shoes - 2001 ZTS - 05-08-2006

When I changed my brakes the front were 75% worn and the rears had 75% remaining. I'm still on the original shoes at 80,000km.

Rear Brake Shoes - ZTWsquared - 05-08-2006

focuzedn2o,May 6 2006, 08:10 AM Wrote:has anybody had a problem with the rear shoes on their focus?
just want some feedback guys?
[right][snapback]185813[/snapback][/right]
Our Foci have rear brakes?! The way I go through fronts you'd never know it.

And to your question -- 6 Foci, all turned in at end of lease with 60 to 80k -- never had the need to do rear brakes - ever.

Rear Brake Shoes - Focus Is Art - 05-10-2006

after 210000km on the clock still with the orginal rear shoes.

Rear Brake Shoes - Crazirich - 05-10-2006

Replace shoes.. not usually.... but wheel bearings... now thats another story!!! (not my car, just what i see in shop) I have disc

Rear Brake Shoes - focuzedn2o - 05-10-2006

thanks guys,

ive been gettin screwed by a couple local shops lately.
3 sets of shoes in 4 weeks. i think thats retarded. So i went o them and said what the hell?

I went on the weekend and had them redone at midas. They work great now.
Each shop i went to said they turned the drums and switched the shoes, but the drums were never even touched. Thats y i went through so many shoes.

Alll I can say is that there are a lot of people that like to take advantage of others and it really pisses me off.