FocusCanada Forums
Peel Cops Get Chargers - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: From the Street (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Peel Cops Get Chargers (/showthread.php?tid=9844)

Peel Cops Get Chargers - 2001 ZTS - 05-04-2006

May 4, 2006

Ontario's Peel Regional Police
take delivery of Dodge Charger
police vehicles

Brampton, Ontario - Peel Regional Police in Ontario have taken delivery of fifteen Dodge Charger Police Package vehicles, produced at the company's Brampton, Ontario assembly facility. The delivery represents the largest number of Charger police service application vehicles in Canada since they were first produced in 2005.

Currently, there are eight different police forces in Canada using the Dodge Charger and Magnum, including the Ontario Provincial Police, City of Calgary and the city of Hamilton, Ontario.

Peel Cops Get Chargers - NefCanuck - 05-05-2006

Great, yet another car to look out for in Peel Region <_< :P

NefCanuck
(Should have expected as much, given the number of test mules I saw around here)

Peel Cops Get Chargers - Flofocus - 05-05-2006

Cops in Ottawa have them to.

Peel Cops Get Chargers - ANTHONYD - 05-05-2006

I've seen them in Halton as well.

Pretty sharp lookingin indeed. I saw one with three crotch rockets pulled over on Appleby the other night.

Peel Cops Get Chargers - FociPhil - 05-05-2006

great, i would get nervous around and crown vics or impala's...now chargers and magnums!?!??!

well at least a charger does LOOK mean...just like cops!

Peel Cops Get Chargers - SangriaRedZX5 - 05-05-2006

They have a bunch of "under cover" cops in Oakville in Sunfires, Acuras and Beatles. And they are modded. Around the college area.

Peel Cops Get Chargers - Frost__2001 - 05-05-2006

SangriaRedZX5,May 4 2006, 03:22 PM Wrote:They have a bunch of "under cover" cops in Oakville in Sunfires, Acuras and Beatles. And they are modded. Around the college area.
[right][snapback]185348[/snapback][/right]

this is true in Brampton as well, they have 3 bone stock civic sedans not the new gen, 3 ford escapes, a few commercial vans, as well as a Jetta or 3....

But Brampton using Chrysler cars is nothing new, Chrysler gave the city of Brampton Intrepids since the first came out, and they still use them, so for them getting the Chargers, and Magnum wagons is really no suprise to anyone who lives in peel region to be honest.

Peel Cops Get Chargers - guilty - 05-05-2006

The Regina Police have a couple unmarked Chargers too.. saw it had someone pulled over and had to do a double-take.

Peel Cops Get Chargers - Burnin21 - 05-09-2006

Watch for unmarked mini vans (Montanas) as well as unmarked navy blue cube vans (Ford E350) in Burlington. They look bone stock as well

Peel Cops Get Chargers - 2001 ZTS - 05-09-2006

I think the day I get pulled over by an Econoline Van is the day I give up driving and buy a Metropass. Do they actually give you a ticket or is the embarassment considered to be punishment enough?

Peel Cops Get Chargers - ZTWsquared - 05-09-2006

Burnin21,May 8 2006, 12:58 PM Wrote:blue cube vans (Ford E350) They look bone stock as well
[right][snapback]186067[/snapback][/right]
I think this is OPP - I've seen them in Brampton and other places - kinda scary to be doing 140 and see one of these things coming up behind you at 3:00 am doing 170+ - often without flashing lights.

Peel Cops Get Chargers - Aka - 05-09-2006

isn't it like entrapment or something when they trick you like that?

Peel Cops Get Chargers - SangriaRedZX5 - 05-09-2006

Burnin21,May 8 2006, 12:58 PM Wrote:Watch for unmarked mini vans (Montanas) as well as unmarked navy blue cube vans (Ford E350) in Burlington. They look bone stock as well
[right][snapback]186067[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the tip, Matt :)

Peel Cops Get Chargers - ANTHONYD - 05-09-2006

I saw those minivans the other daya t Fortinos on Guelph line looking up plates.

Peel Cops Get Chargers - scoobasteve - 05-10-2006

I saw a charger cop car a couple nights ago...

Definatley had the hemi. He was ripping it down the street behind my condo.

Did a nice burnout too :lol: :ph34r:

Peel Cops Get Chargers - ZX3TUNR - 05-10-2006

They been here for a while now.