FocusCanada Forums
Mbrp Opinions? - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Technobabble (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Focus on Performance (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Mbrp Opinions? (/showthread.php?tid=9937)

Pages: 1 2

Mbrp Opinions? - OAC_Sparky - 04-28-2006

Getting ready to get the FS Turbo sometime (I hope), looking at upgrading the exhaust.

What's your opinion on the MBRP exhaust? Sound, quality and fit.

Anyone familiar with the stock ST sound (which I like) that can give a bit of a comparison would be great.

Not sure if I want to go with the Stealth setup or not, but a nice quiet sleeper would be cool -- but what I DON'T want is a riceboy fartcan sound.

Anyone?

Mbrp Opinions? - Oscar The Grouch - 04-28-2006

not sure about the sound on an ST, but on the SPI its deep.

Mbrp Opinions? - NefCanuck - 04-28-2006

Have you listened to the sound on MBRP's website? That's what I fell in love with and want to add to mine. ;)

NefCanuck

Mbrp Opinions? - habmann - 04-28-2006

I love my MBRP, the only thing i would say you need to consider is that most people say that for FI you should get a 2.5" exhaust and the MBRP is only 2.25". Not sure what sorta difference it will make, but if you're gonna go FI in the future might as well just buy the exhaust you're gonna need for it now rather than spend more money later.

Mbrp Opinions? - Burnin21 - 04-28-2006

I got the MBRP on my Zetec and I absolutly love. Its a sweet deep throaty tone, and even with my race header on it, it doesn't sound ricey at all!
I back up MBRP all the way, with quality, fit and performance!

Mbrp Opinions? - drew03zx3 - 04-28-2006

MBRP is awsome. Pretty cheap in price, but not in quality. Sound is awsome. Deep and not too loud.

Mbrp Opinions? - OAC_Sparky - 04-28-2006

Thanks for the input.

habmann,Apr 27 2006, 11:15 PM Wrote:I love my MBRP, the only thing i would say you need to consider is that most people say that for FI you should get a 2.5" exhaust and the MBRP is only 2.25". Not sure what sorta difference it will make, but if you're gonna go FI in the future might as well just buy the exhaust you're gonna need for it now rather than spend more money later.
[right][snapback]183814[/snapback][/right]
I've heard some say 2.25" is enough, others say 2.5".

I was thinking of dropping a note to FS and see what they recommend (other than THEIR exhaust). ;)

Mbrp Opinions? - meford4u - 04-28-2006

The only improvement to the 2.25" exhaust that would be beneficial is a bigger flex pipe. The 2.5" flex is by far the best option. Mitch has them, and I hate to say this, but he has the best price I have seen.
So I would suggest the MBRP for a reasonably priced exhaust. Maybe when Nef gets his on, if he goes to Huntsville, go with him and see/learn what you can.

Mbrp Opinions? - ANTHONYD - 04-29-2006

Or come camping with us on June 9th and stop by Hunsville on the way and get it :P

J3RT was going to do it last year. :)

Mbrp Opinions? - ANTHONYD - 04-29-2006

Or come camping with us on June 9th and stop by Hunsville on the way and get it :P

J3RT was going to do it last year. :).

Mbrp Opinions? - scoobasteve - 04-29-2006

See if MBRP will rig up something a bit custom.

their svt exhausts are 2.5 inches.

Mbrp Opinions? - LOFOCI WAGON - 04-29-2006

The absolute best, have had mine for 3 years and I love it...! ;)

Mbrp Opinions? - Flofocus - 04-29-2006

If your going with boost, try and find something with a 2.5. I LOVE the sound, fit & finish of my Borla. Hands down, thee best exhaust out there for the boosted foci! :D

Mbrp Opinions? - residentdud - 04-29-2006

I just cut my MBRP out...hated it. Got the MagnaFlow...depends on what you want for tone. The MBRP was way too loud, had a crazy resonance inside. To each his own.

Mbrp Opinions? - ondafritz - 04-29-2006

meford4u,Apr 28 2006, 08:30 AM Wrote:The only improvement to the 2.25" exhaust that would be beneficial is a bigger flex pipe.  The 2.5" flex is by far the best option.  Mitch has them, and I hate to say this, but he has the best price I have seen.
So I would suggest the MBRP for a reasonably priced exhaust.  Maybe when Nef gets his on, if he goes to Huntsville, go with him and see/learn what you can.
[right][snapback]183867[/snapback][/right]

Actually, you would want to remain as close as stock as possible, unless you desire a torque loss like our Honda Civic friends with 3" or 2.5" exhausts.

Mandrel bent is best and SS T304 is great for a finish. I believe Paolo has on his ZX3, it sounds awesome

Mbrp Opinions? - ondafritz - 04-29-2006

meford4u,Apr 28 2006, 08:30 AM Wrote:The only improvement to the 2.25" exhaust that would be beneficial is a bigger flex pipe.  The 2.5" flex is by far the best option.  Mitch has them, and I hate to say this, but he has the best price I have seen.
So I would suggest the MBRP for a reasonably priced exhaust.  Maybe when Nef gets his on, if he goes to Huntsville, go with him and see/learn what you can.

Actually, you would want to remain as close as stock as possible, unless you desire a torque loss like our Honda Civic friends with 3" or 2.5" exhausts.

Mandrel bent is best and SS T304 is great for a finish. I believe Paolo has on his ZX3, it sounds awesome.

By the way, the moderator double-posted :lol:, go look at post #9 and #10, looks like he's trying to raise his post count again LOL.

Mbrp Opinions? - Flofocus - 04-29-2006

yeah, and you double posted to. whats your point?

Mbrp Opinions? - Phantom - 04-29-2006

Flofocus,Apr 28 2006, 12:45 PM Wrote:yeah, and you double posted to.  whats your point?
[right][snapback]183916[/snapback][/right]
Yeah you gotta know by now best way to raise your post count is not by doubling post by more like posting more often and sometimes just to repeat something someone already said kinda to back them up :D.

Now back to the topic at Hand Exhausts

If you do get it share your exp with it. I am also in da market for exhausts.

Mbrp Opinions? - Slimsride - 04-29-2006

Here Here,

I will totally advise anyone that has a focus to get an MBRP exhaust....I LOVE MINE...deep, throaty, and loud when you WANT it to be....The price is awesome, considering the shear quality that comes in the box.

The Staff at MBRP...friendly (especially ED), knowledgeable, and willing to answer questions....

I love them so much, i even posted on thier website.

oh, and the best thing CANADIAN MADE

Mbrp Opinions? - meford4u - 04-29-2006

ondafritz,Apr 28 2006, 01:45 PM Wrote:

Mandrel bent is best and SS T304 is great for a finish. I believe Paolo has on his ZX3, it sounds awesome.

By the way, the moderator double-posted :lol:, go look at post #9 and #10, looks like he's trying to raise his post count again LOL.
[right][snapback]183911[/snapback][/right]
Do you own a Focus?