FocusCanada Forums
Syncros - Printable Version

+- FocusCanada Forums (//www.focuscanada.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Canadian Focus Community (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Focus Talk (//www.focuscanada.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Syncros (/showthread.php?tid=9993)

Syncros - c_town - 04-24-2006

any body now of some good and strong syncros zetec 5speed 3rds done in mine planing on beefing up my tranny so i can ad boost later i need some help finding them

Syncros - hardk0re - 04-24-2006

I don't think that theres much you can do for the 3rd gear blockers. I know some of the early 00's had dual blockers in 1st and 2nd, i'm not sure if this can also apply to 3rd.

As far as I know this isn't a part you can order from ford anymore since they changed it so it only has 1 blocker.

hardk0re,Apr 23 2006, 11:42 AM Wrote:I don't think that theres much you can do for the 3rd gear blockers.  I know some of the early 00's had dual blockers in 1st and 2nd, i'm not sure if this can also apply to 3rd.

As far as I know this isn't a part you can order from ford anymore since they changed it so it only has 1 blocker.
[right][snapback]182982[/snapback][/right]

whats a blocker

Syncros - PerfectSaiyan - 04-24-2006

^^ makes it so the car cannot shift until the synchro mesh is aligned.

too bad in 3rd we only have a single ring, instead of the dual rings which work!

someone on fj can help you with this if you can find out who it is.

Syncros - hardk0re - 04-24-2006

Theres a guy on FJ, called terry haynes. You can buy whats called a kogbox and pretty much its the best MTX-75 your gonna get. But be prepared...you gotta pay to play.

Just don't slam the gears so hard and your tranny will thank you for it....course its too late now. :P

Syncros - mo_focus - 04-25-2006

granny shift does that to your syncros man ;)