Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tires
euro,Mar 15 2006, 09:28 PM Wrote::P Il y a pas d'erreur dans ta phrase, bravo! :P  I have the Ze512 and they worked great, but I miss my toyo's. My next set will be toyo T1R. They're about the same price as the falkens, but ther're sticky B)
[right][snapback]175004[/snapback][/right]

Toyo T1S were the best tire I have had out of the rest. Seconded by the Kumho 712's

not sure if I would go with toyo or kumho for the next tire I kinda want to try out something else but thinking outside the box gets you in trouble.
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
I have had the ZE512 for one summer so far, last summer, they have plenty of tread on them. I think they will last for 3 summers for sure. They are loud when they are rolling but at 74 bucks a piece for a half decent tire. They are not a summer only but I wouldn't use them in the winter. They dropped to 44 bucks a peice from 48 at tire rack, the guys you see in magazines. I haven't tried them at an AutoX but they are not realy for that. Next time I think I would go to the 55 or 50 series. The 60 seiries looks really big. The 50/55 are also softer, but that means going to a wider tire or going to a larger diameter. I just put them on my stock 15s. I like them. Sorry for not having this in any kind of order.

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 Liquid Grey ZX5 ses (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
2013 F150 crew xlt 4x4 blue flame
Ok I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here.

All season tires are a compromise simple as that. They will never be as good as a winter tire in the snow or on ice nor will they be as good as a summer tire for all our handeling. If you can deal with that then there are some very good tires available out there like the BFG Comp TA's.

Any tire with a treadware rating over 200 or over should easily last 30,000 KM as long as the tires are properly inflated, rotated regularly and your alignment is within specs. If your car is dropped and you can't get around running lots of negative camber and some toe in then you’re going to burn the insides over the tires off much faster.

Good summer tires now I'm not talking about any R compound here; will be great in the rain and will be able to deal with standing water and will be quite. The lower priced "performance" tires tend to be hard making them noisy and usually proving a harsher ride.

I suppose it really comes down to your needs and your budget. If you’re looking for a cool tread pattern or to be able to say I have brand X tires on my car that's one thing, but if you’re looking for the best bang for your buck then it may not be a "summer" tire that you want an all season may work.

Reviews of my tires I had on my Focus. All were 225/35/18
Toyo FZ4 Average
Yokohama Parada Good grip but noisy
Goodyear Eagle F1's Amazing grip
Yokohama AVS Sport Amazing grip level soft sidewall
BFG KDW Average
Kumho MX Good grip level but noisy

This information maybe useful or not but it gave me something to do while I ate my lunch.
B)

I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Get the FK-451's. Those are goin on my car this summer, if you want I can see if I can get you a deal on them. I'll talk to my cousin if you are interested, send me a PM :)
2004 Ford Focus ZX5 MTX75 - Liquid Grey -

15.7 @ 86mph

1994 Pontiac Trans AM 25th Anniversary 6 spd -

12.3 @ 110mph

2013 Ford Focus ST - Oxford White

1/4 TBD
[Image: image,Burnin1,black,blue.png]