Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mbrp 2.5 Svt For Zx3?
I've got a procharger kit that I'm waiting for the spring/summer to install. However, I've been looking at the mbrp but want a 2.5" because of my s/c.
IF I get a long tube header will the mbrp for the svt bolt up or am I farther ahead to go to a shop and have them make one up? Go easy on me it's my first question.
vantheman,Feb 17 2006, 04:04 AM Wrote:I've got a procharger kit that I'm waiting for the spring/summer to install.  However, I've been looking at the mbrp but want a 2.5" because of my s/c.
IF I get a long tube header will the mbrp for the svt bolt up or am I farther ahead to go to a shop and have them make one up?  Go easy on me it's my first question.
[right][snapback]170977[/snapback][/right]

Your best bet, if you're in Southern / Central Ontario especially, is to call up Ed or one of the other guys at MBRP and see what they recommend.

If you can figure out how much longer the header is than the stock SVT header, that would help huge and they might be able to hook your up.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
well, if you get a long tube header and you care about a 2.5 exhaust. then you will also put a 2.5 flex, right? its an easy solution.

Buy a long tube svt header, off-road pipe or a cat, 2.5 flex pipe for svt, then the 2.5 mbrp svt exhaust.

it will all be bolt on.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
french_connection,Feb 17 2006, 09:08 AM Wrote:well, if you get a long tube header and you care about a 2.5 exhaust. then you will also put a 2.5 flex, right? its an easy solution.

Buy a long tube svt header, off-road pipe or a cat, 2.5 flex pipe for svt, then the 2.5 mbrp svt exhaust.

it will all be bolt on.
[right][snapback]170993[/snapback][/right]

x 2 :P
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
No cat = Arrested loud...

05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Feb 17 2006, 03:23 PM Wrote:No cat = Arrested loud...
[right][snapback]171025[/snapback][/right]

X2

don't make your ears bleed
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
we have a SVT MBRP on out black PW car, fits fine with the standard Zetec race header and flex.

tip doesn't line up perfectly with the zx3 cutout but that is easy enough to fix....