Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyper Flash!
Hey guys,

Odd thing happened yesterday while driving. My right signal started to hyper flash for a couple uses but by the time I got home it was working normal again. I checked and all my bulbs are working fine. Then this morning on the way to work, it started again. This time it was still doing it by the time I arrived so I left the signal flashing at light speed and checked all my bulbs ... all still working.

Anyone have this problem before? Is it possible for a bulb to be on it's way out (causing the hyper flash) but still function? Could the flasher relay be dying?

Thanks!
-George
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
123whp - 137wtq (Out of date)
it must be the bulb filament is going out..
bulb are not expensive, go grab new one and see
konafocuswrc2,Jul 17 2009, 12:05 PM Wrote:it must be the bulb filament is going out..
bulb are not expensive, go grab new one and see
[right][snapback]291239[/snapback][/right]
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Check your fuses and relay. Relay might be going.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Odd, I was thinking that might be it ... but I've never heard of one causing hyperflash but still working. I'll try swapping them out.
07' ZX4 SES - Steeda SRI - Xcal3 w/Steeda 91 tune - Hi-flow cat - Magnaflow 2.5 cat back - Massive Strut Bar
Scourge,Jul 17 2009, 12:00 PM Wrote:Odd, I was thinking that might be it ... but I've never heard of one causing hyperflash but still working.  I'll try swapping them out.
[right][snapback]291243[/snapback][/right]

mine hyperflash all the time but i also took my stock grille out
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
Pop the bulbs and check the pins are snug against the connectors of the base of the bulbs.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

As said above, it's just a bulb burning out, the filament isn't making contact all the time.
'14 Escape 2.0t
2012 5dr Ti : Traded
got it fixed??
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Nah, busy weekend.

It only seems to do it when I'm not in a postion to get out and check it. I've also noticed that if I have the parking lights on when it happens, the right turn signal lights up solid. The only time it was still doing it when I got out to check, all lights were still working, haha.

At this point it seems completely random on when it happens. I'll wait until I either blow a bulb or it becomes a little more consistent to try and figure it out.

-George
Check you plug to the harness.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Alright, problem solved.

It finally exhibited a symptom to narrow it down a bit. Coming home from Scarborough last night my right side &quot;light out&quot; warning stayed on and it hyper flashed when signaling for the whole trip home. When I got out and checked at home, the front signal and side marker were not lit up at all.

10 points to Scorcher, the plug for the signal on the headlight had come a bit loose. Unplugged and re-plugged(?) it and all was well. I hate intermittant failures.

-George
Good that the problem is solved though!
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq