Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Seat Instalation
Hello everyone,
I am new to this site and I look forward to using it to make friends and gain knowledge about my 2002 Liquid Greay ZX5. I have a set of MOMO RS seats and Sparco bases to put them on and I have a question about installing them. I searched seats in this fourm and I couldn't see where this question was asked before so I think I am safe in asking it. The Sparco site says that their bases have a provision for mounting the stock belt receiver. Well it isnt there. Also under the stock seat there is a track position sensor(guess). I am 6'2" tall and my seat is usually all the way back. How important is this sensor? can I just leave it to one side and not worry about it. I think it only comes into play when the seat is in the forward most position. Has anyone here istalled custom seats, and if so what have you done with the sensor in question?

Thank you very much for reading my post and I look forward to reading your replies.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
you need that sensor under your seat to be plugged in properly. If you disconnect it, start your car, the airbag light will be on.

As per the seatbelt bolt location, I can't vouch for sparco bases, I know my corbeau bases have the seat belt provision.

Dunno man, Good luck.
Run your car, not your mouth
Zoom,Dec 11 2005, 11:51 PM Wrote:you need that sensor under your seat to be plugged in properly.  [right][snapback]160468[/snapback][/right]

Ok so if I leave it plugged in but not hooked up to that track position assembly I should be alright. That is what I thought. Now I just have to figure out how to retain my stock seat belts.

Wish me luck.

Focus man, Focus.,Dec 12 2005, 07:37 AM Wrote:Ok so if I leave it plugged in but not hooked up to that track position assembly I should be alright. 

Or you can just strip the wire and make them longer. That's what I did and it works fine.
Turbo arrived!
If your not in a Big rush, I could help you add a bracket to the Seat base, That way all youll need to do is bolt on the Seatbelt.

We could meet up in the NewYear.

Your call.
Chromey,Dec 13 2005, 06:42 PM Wrote:If your not in a Big rush, I could help you add a bracket to the Seat base, That way all youll need to do is bolt on the Seatbelt.

We could meet up in the NewYear.

Your call.
[right][snapback]160759[/snapback][/right]

Sure Chromey, I will take all the help I can get. Where are you located? I am in South Etobicoke and I can wait till spring if I have to. Just tell me what I need to get and I will pick it up. PM me if you really want to do it.

Thanks for the offer. I look forward to hooking up.

Making brackets over Christmas. I will hopefully be resting my rear in some new seats soon.

Wish me luck.

Focus man, Focus.,Dec 23 2005, 12:17 AM Wrote:Making brackets over Christmas.  I will hopefully be resting my rear in some new seats soon. 

Wish me luck.
[right][snapback]162100[/snapback][/right]

OK So I spent the day with my car in the snow and I finally got "A" seat installed. I rigged up a bracket out of Steel for the seat belt and I sorted out what to do with the seat position sensor. Everything went as expected and I will post photos once I get home. I hate dial up. LOL.

But I am happy that I finally got one of the seats in. Next is #2. I will let you know how that goes.

Your buddy Kevin. :blink: