Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
07 Dodge Challenger
I'm aging myself just saying this, but the guys shitting all over the "new retro" styling probably haven't been for a ride in a classic muscle car.

It's EVERYTHING about the car. And now we get to experience that with:

Power windows (if requested)
Power locks
A/C
Real rubber to hook with
Real rims worth looking at
Real brakes
A suspension that doesn't fold like France

What's not to love?
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I showed both the chevy, and dodge to my dad as he owned a Challenger at one point, but he said the chevy will more then likely be the type of car to have the horse power there but will be cheap all around and more or less will be a " bring'em in the show room car only "

As for the Challenger, the PT cruiser is coming to it's production end as chevy copied it, and it's now been out there for a while so it's too dated to keep, thus resulting in this car and it's close 4 door sister.

For Ford, I'll say great job on the New 05 Mustang, my dad and I love them, and even dealers notice the same design cue's in the '66 when it's in for a show or an oil change. But 2005 for Ford was more or less the re-launch of the Mustang and F-150, and Introduction of the Freestar, everything else was more or less pushed to the side a bit. Personally I'd love to see our Focus catch up to it's European sister.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
well if were bringing back that era we might as well bring the stage coach and horses too, nothing more cooler then yell heeeeeyaw and hanging on for dear life.

Lets starting thinking towards the future and stop recycling old ideas.....
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
D-Dub,Nov 24 2005, 03: Wrote:Lets starting thinking towards the future and stop recycling old ideas.....
[right][snapback]157566[/snapback][/right]

Most vehicle designs are moving towards the future IMO, but the muscle car nostalgia is at it's prime right now that most of the people who owned the original versions of these cars are now in the position to to purchase these "new" versions of their old favorites. Since the Mustang has proven the demand for this retro look it's no suprise that the rest of the big three are following suit. Even Nissan said they took ques from some of the first Z cars for the new 350. It's an easy sell for them.
D-Dub,Nov 24 2005, 02: Wrote:well if were bringing back that era we might as well bring the stage coach and horses too, nothing more cooler then yell heeeeeyaw and hanging on for dear life.

Lets starting thinking towards the future and stop recycling old ideas.....
[right][snapback]157566[/snapback][/right]

This is exactly my point. The basic principal of the 4-stroke gas engine hasn't changed, although there have been some seriously cool advancements.

This is a great example of a classic design melded with some seriously high-tech engines and other components. What's not to love?

Or let me guess, you only run around wearing Lycra cause jeans and dress pants have been around foreverrrrrrr. :rolleyes: :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
ANTHONYD,Nov 24 2005, 09:38 AM Wrote:[Image: 07_Camaro.jpg]

I'd rock that!
[right][snapback]157461[/snapback][/right]

I'd have to see it in real life, but it looks swollen to me, not lean and muscular like the 'Stang redesign... Hell, if I could actually get into a new 'Stang without risking life & limb (specifically my knee) I might have considered a V6 powered one.

NefCanuck
that challanger has to be the best old car to new car resemblance of all the cars that they are "retro" styling i like it!!

the camero reminds me of a re-nosed SLR with the side body lines
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
yeah now that you mention it Crazirich, it dose look like a re-nosed SLR, even the new Pontiac Solstice.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.
Frost__2001,Nov 25 2005, 08:00 PM Wrote:yeah now that you mention it Crazirich, it dose look like a re-nosed SLR, even the new Pontiac Solstice.
[right][snapback]157729[/snapback][/right]

Hey, can the rest of us have some of that stuff you're smoking?

Jokes aside it is probably the same platform, the one with the Greek name: Epsilon?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
meford4u,Nov 23 2005, 04:56 PM Wrote:
SVT ZX3,Nov 23 2005, 03:38 PM Wrote:So how long untill Chevy brings back the Camaro?
[right][snapback]157325[/snapback][/right]

I am serious that when I tell you this, it is in the works. It will be here in the next 5 years.
[right][snapback]157336[/snapback][/right]
GM is just waiting for all the Gino's to move back home into their parents basement, then they could afford a new one :P

Old enough to know me limit, yet young enough to exceed it.
Damn, the challenger is hot!... but right now i'd kill some people for a Charger Daytona R/T
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
Goooooooooooo Mango!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dodge Ram 1500 Pickups And Dodge Durango Recalled Frost__2001 0 1,031 09-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Frost__2001
  2008 Dodge Challenger Is A Go Frost__2001 15 3,558 07-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Last Post: NefCanuck