Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Performance
Im just looking for some small performance upgrades that are worth it. Like changing the Cams, pulleys and Short Ram Intake.

Which are the best in does parts? Maybe looking to get all three done this winter.

Turbo arrived!
are you not going turbo anymore?
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Im just wainting for the right deal. Im going to buy it used. I don't feel like putting 4-5k down on a turbo.

Right now, im just looking for some small mods for this winter.

Flofocus,Nov 20 2005, 01:49 PM Wrote:are you not going turbo anymore?
[right][snapback]156839[/snapback][/right]
Turbo arrived!
well if you are going turbo then you need to buy mods that will work well with it. most cams have to much overlap and will bleed off boost pressure so they might not be the best idea.
the short ram intake will get tossed on the buy&sell as soon as the turbo is on so buying used is your best bet.

the UDP, well they are all basicly the same. there are minimal differences between weight and size and even though everyone wants to trump-up one over another... they are basicly all the same with the exception of the 2-piece kits.
again, buying used is your best bet or just buy one with the best price.

i have a brand new old version FC crank that comes with a belt, i can let it go for $85shipped plus GST if you are interested.

if you are serious about the turbo setup, i suggest getting a complete 2.5" ehxuast over the above listed mods. you will see far more return on your money from a bigger exhaust on a turbo than all the others mods you have listed combind. maybe with the exception of the cams, but finding good turbo cams is very hard!
ZX3TUNING,Nov 20 2005, 04:09 PM Wrote:if you are serious about the turbo setup, i suggest getting a complete 2.5" ehxuast over the above listed mods. you will see far more return on your money from a bigger exhaust on a turbo than all the others mods you have listed combind. maybe with the exception of the cams, but finding good turbo cams is very hard!
[right][snapback]156857[/snapback][/right]

So, my Magna Flow 2.25" exhaust wouldn't work. Well, I know that it will work but how much more hp are you talking about if I go with a 2.5" exhaust?
Turbo arrived!
that depends on the power the turbo is making. it's also not just for power but responce. a full rurbo-back 2.5" exhaust will help the turbo spool faster which means you get into boost quicker... mind you we are talking maybe a couple hundred rpms but still.
ZX3TUNING,Nov 20 2005, 04:23 PM Wrote:that depends on the power the turbo is making. it's also not just for power but responce. a full rurbo-back 2.5" exhaust will help the turbo spool faster which means you get into boost quicker... mind you we are talking maybe a couple hundred rpms but still.
[right][snapback]156860[/snapback][/right]

Let says im looking for something that gives about 8 psi's....Would my 2.25" be good enough????
Turbo arrived!
as a general rule of thumb is anything above 170fwhp a 2.25" exhaust becomes a restrition. at 8psi you should be around 190-200fwhp i would think. might not be a huge issue, it's not like it's going to "choke" the turbo or anything, just not ideal.

i still say a full 2.5" exhaust would be a better purchase than cams, SR intake and a udp if you are 100% going turbo later.

but then again, what do i know? :P

just my .02
ZX3TUNING,Nov 20 2005, 08:43 PM Wrote:but then again, what do i know? :P

[right][snapback]156885[/snapback][/right]

Mitch, don't say things like that. Without you here, i'm sure alot of us would have done stupid things.
well, if I get a turbo...I will probably go with a 2.5".

Anything to beat Flo!!!! :lol: ;) B)
Turbo arrived!
focusonthis_88,Nov 20 2005, 07:52 PM Wrote:well, if I get a turbo...I will probably go with a 2.5".

Anything to beat Flo!!!! :lol:  ;)  B)
[right][snapback]156889[/snapback][/right]

Them's sounds like fighting words.

Flo you gonna take that?
Current
09 F150 SCREW 4X4 XTR

Former
Show
Hella Magic Module Tail Lights, 17" Ford Racing EAP rims, 5% Rear, 20% Front Tint, Panasonic CQ7401 Deck, 2 MB Quart 10's, Alpine Components, Phoenix Gold 500.1 Amp
Go
Steeda Cold Ram Air Intake MBRP Exhaust (Gen 2), FK Coilovers, Hedman Header (Install Pending),FC Hi-Flo Cat (Install Pending),EBC Greenstuff Pads

tires? not a very 'sexy' mod.. but they do work for sure...

if you are really going to turbo the car.. don't bother with the little stuff imho..
habmann,Nov 20 2005, 11:32 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Nov 20 2005, 07:52 PM Wrote:well, if I get a turbo...I will probably go with a 2.5".

Anything to beat Flo!!!! :lol:  ;)  B)
[right][snapback]156889[/snapback][/right]

Them's sounds like fighting words.

Flo you gonna take that?
[right][snapback]156918[/snapback][/right]

By the time hes got his turbo on, I'll be pushing a nice and safe 15psi. ;) :lol: :P

By the time he matches the 15 psi, I better be on a different project. :lol: :P
The good news: everything except the intake is conducive to turboing the car. Well, from what I'm told cams are tricky but they can be done as echoed here.

The bad news: your wallet will be able to s**t watermelons by the time you're done coughing up the cash.
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Flofocus,Nov 21 2005, 12:31 PM Wrote:By the time hes got his turbo on, I'll be pushing a nice and safe 15psi.  ;)  :lol:  :P

By the time he matches the 15 psi, I better be on a different project.  :lol:  :P
[right][snapback]156977[/snapback][/right]

:D :)

I will always be behind you.
Turbo arrived!
I wouldnt say that. The next project I dont think will be for speed and trq....well, I'll need speed, but hopefully something that drives a little nicer than the FI'd focus.

Maybe a SC'd Sky. :D :huh:

I change my mind on a daily basis.....lol...

I need a house. :ph34r:
Flofocus,Nov 21 2005, 03:33 PM Wrote:I need a house.  :ph34r:
[right][snapback]157030[/snapback][/right]

There's some nice house for sale in the country. You can come leave with deers.

There was a deer in my front lawn this morning! :lol: You don't see that in the city.
Turbo arrived!
I had deer in my yard 2 winters ago. Dog was the one to let me know there was a large animal sitting in his 'shitting' area :lol: