Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Some Help Deciding
meford4u,Nov 20 2005, 10:33 PM Wrote:
yeloZX3,Nov 20 2005, 09:24 PM Wrote:but when more are added up like cams/cam gears/pulley/chip/intake manifold ....... the differences between long tube and shorty will be very noticable.

[right][snapback]156903[/snapback][/right]

Sorry but I have to say that from the research that Darcy Motorsport did with the same Focus with NA, pullies, tuning and cam and cam gears, they tested both the long tube race header against the shorty and it was less than 3hp difference between the 2. They did all this testing when they were developing their own race header. I actually spoke to him on the phone about it after he convinced me what to go with for the setup we wanted for the exhaust system.
[right][snapback]156904[/snapback][/right]

:o
do u have the dyno graphs of the 2? and mod list? i really want to take a look!
from what i know the differences between shorty header and race header starts to get noticable @ above 5.5k rpm, coz the shorty header is kinda restricted on flow when it comes to high end power with some mods compared to race header, especially when you have a better flow intake manifold and TB.
but maybe i'm wrong?

if they are using crower stage I cams (or similar) or crane/fr stage II then the horsepower will not differ by much, but still, i'd like to see the dyno graphs, i'm surprised :)
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
call and ask them for it. they sent it to me via email over a year ago.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
Get Race header.

Flex pipe costs a lot because the flex section is expensive.