Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is The Stock Svt Suspension Worth It?
I want to lower my car , but just a bit. Peeps are telling me the kit only drops the car .5" on a ZX2....I have a ZTS...will it make any diff?
2002 Infra-red ZTS
yes it will, look at picture of svt, that exactly how your car should sit after.

2001zts posted picture of his zts with svt suspension and it look very nice.

it is also sportier than the regular focus suspension.
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
It is the best suspension you can put in for the money without getting stupid and lowering it 1.5" or more.

Good choice.
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
meford4u,Oct 18 2005, 03:43 AM Wrote:It is the best suspension you can put in for the money without getting stupid and lowering it 1.5" or more.

Good choice.
[right][snapback]149772[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for the info...I dont want it slammed just a little tweak for handling purposes...too much roll in the corners...thanks
2002 Infra-red ZTS
for what its worth if i still had a focus i would purchase that kit as well.
naz,Oct 19 2005, 12:48 AM Wrote:for what its worth if i still had a focus i would purchase that kit as well.
[right][snapback]150055[/snapback][/right]

Hell I almost replaced my $4000 Leda suspension with the SVT when I had my Focus. It's worth it trust me the rear bar is the best part though.
I have a few cars.

One for my dog.
One that has no roof.
One that looks good parked at the golf course.
One that is being rebuilt by a guy named Nero..... will it ever be done?
Euro Ford Fan,Oct 19 2005, 11:24 AM Wrote:
naz,Oct 19 2005, 12:48 AM Wrote:for what its worth if i still had a focus i would purchase that kit as well.
[right][snapback]150055[/snapback][/right]

Hell I almost replaced my $4000 Leda suspension with the SVT when I had my Focus. It's worth it trust me the rear bar is the best part though.
[right][snapback]150080[/snapback][/right]

the guy at ford racing said that the rear bar wont work...I checked and I'm pretty sure it will. will having a ZTS be a prob in that sense? I guess it's not too bad for $279 US complete...the guy even had to check it out for himself to make sure it was a complete kit...sweet!
2002 Infra-red ZTS
It's definatley worth it mang.

My SVT is like night and day over my zx3
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
The guy at Ford Racing is on crack. The entire kit should bolt right up. The sedans (everything non-ZTS for sure) don't come with a rear anti-roll bar. The ZX3/5s come with one, but not one as thick as the SVT suspension.

What's important to remember is that as far as all non-SVT Focuses go, they're entirely interchangeable at the suspension level. And yes, the SVT suspension can be installed on any non-SVT Focus except the wagon (something to do with slightly different mount points, it affects exhaust installs too).
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.