Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Led Cluster
ok as some of you already know I am in the midst of my ebay projector thingy project. The lights are almost ready for paint ( yay ) so now it's time to turn my attention to other things, in this case the LED turn signal I am putting in the lights. I know you can buy a 20-24-32 led cluster that just screws in to where the normal bulbs screw into. Now my question is does anyone know if you can buy those " female " sockets so I can screw in these LED clusters?

or to those of you have have teken apart your top grill and the turn signals, do you know what size the bulb/socket is?? ( 1157/1156/2057/3156/3157/etc... ) cause I am thinking I can just rip that out and re-use in the new lights?

anyways any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

this is what I am talking about:

[Image: 1157ledbulb.jpg]
[Image: 1157_21_A.jpg]
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
The stock upper grill uses 3157 bulbs (dual filament with the flat plastic connector).. if you only want them to function as a signal light (and not a running light) I think you could use a 3057 bulb (single filament) but it shouldnt really make much difference.. really depends on how you plan on wiring it.
guilty,Oct 13 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:The stock upper grill uses 3157 bulbs (dual filament with the flat plastic connector).. if you only want them to function as a signal light (and not a running light) I think you could use a 3057 bulb (single filament) but it shouldnt really make much difference.. really depends on how you plan on wiring it.
[right][snapback]148803[/snapback][/right]

it's going to get used simply as a turn signal and since we're on the topic what size resistor do I need to make the LEDs work without the rapid flash??

I'll take a look at it tonight after work and see if I can re-use the female connector

thanks guilty!
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending
If you want to reuse the bulb socket from the grill, only use the 2 outside wires (major [I think] and ground) since the one in the middle is for parking lights which you dont want.

Not sure about resistors, some people say they can run LED bulbs for signals with no problems, some people get burnt-out bulb symptoms. I think you can get LED cluster bulbs with a built in resistor, that would be the easiest way..