Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F**king Mirrors
K, so i spent an hour tearing my door apart , to remove my mirror so i could paint it...but then i realized, (does this little thingy come off)...

[Image: Picture011.jpg]
[Image: Picture009.jpg]

What i'm talking about is it seems like the forward part of the mirror seems to be an access panel, and i wanna know if it comes off, or do i have to fuk with tape and masking that part and this part off.....

thanks in advance
"The weak shall inherit...........NOTHING"
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
It comes off.....trust me!

There are 3 tabs on the inside that you really gotta be carefull with and pry up.....now I used a little flashlight and a small screwdriver...and allot of patience...I've removed several sets without an issue...

hardk0re,Sep 11 2005, 06:50 PM Wrote:It comes off.....trust me!

There are 3 tabs on the inside that you really gotta be carefull with and pry up.....now I used a little flashlight and a small screwdriver...and allot of patience...I've removed several sets without an issue...
[right][snapback]141051[/snapback][/right]

dude you are my hero, thanx
Mods so far:
- 2 Inch Drop, Focus Sport Cold Air Intake, Street Glow 4 light strobe system,MBRP Cat back exhaust, 35% tint on front windows, 5% all around the rear. 1 Million Color Flowlighting Underglow kit, Inside and out. SPEEDHUT custom indiglo Guages, Sirius Satellite Radio, Pioneer DH6800 Deck, 15" Solo-Baric L7 Sub,Enkei 17 inch rims, Belltronic Radar Detector
be carefull with the tabs, they can break easy if your not carefull.
will do.
Mods so far:
Where are the three tabs located?
Top, bottom or ?
Cheers.
wpgzx5,Sep 11 2005, 07:31 PM Wrote:Where are the three tabs located?
Top, bottom or ?
Cheers.
[right][snapback]141058[/snapback][/right]

oooooooooo, good question..dam should of thought of that
Mods so far:
hope this helps.
[Image: mirrors.jpg]
that soooooooooooo helps, man i appreciate the pic....saves me a whole whack of potentially nasty boo boos.

thanks again.
Mods so far:
Yah you can have some good fun with those silly tabs, and pushing the mirror to its outer limits short of removing the glass to get at them
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
how dose the glass come out? that would make it sooo much easier
2003 Zx3 French Blue
Its easiest not to try and remove the glass...I shattered a mirror by trying that......
Don't forget if you have power mirrors, you could break not only the glass, but the yellow clips on the back of the plastic holding the glass. I found the best way to get them off to re-attach them is to use a metal fork.
I was the only member on this board with a Yellow Focus Sedan, and a 2002+ Euro Facelift on a sedan.