Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Www.makoracing.com
This is more for your information purposes only...

http://www.makoracing.com

The guys name Is Mat. His contact info is on the site. He does a lot of remote tuning using different shops dyno's. He *told* me, he's one of the only for Diablo in Eastern Ontario/West Quebec.

Setting up an appointment with him.....I know I should have gone with SCT form the get go, but this will be cheaper for me anyways...

$150.00/hr, 4 hour minimum. :o

So....soon....I'll have some dynos for you guys :P :lol:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Wouldnt it be cheaper now just to go with an SCT anyway.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
scoobasteve,Aug 29 2005, 10:58 AM Wrote:Wouldnt it be cheaper now just to go with an SCT anyway.
[right][snapback]136641[/snapback][/right]

No, I'm looking at $420 for the XC2

then another $150/hr for tuning, cuz I dont feel like learning and reading the xcal 2 instuctions, how to tune, go dataloggin, etc.

I already have the chip and Im hoping since hes workign with Tom's base tune, he should have that much to change. I mean its not like the car runs like s**t right now. :rolleyes:

Mat mentioned he'll see what he can do about the 4 hour minimum since I already have a pretty clean base tune.....big plus for me is that the dyno he uses is 5 minutes away from my house. B)
that works out... but jeeze.. if he cant do something about the 4 hour minimum...

600$ for tuning + 400 for the predator is more than enough to make me rethink that turbo project.
05 Altima SE-R
scoobasteve,Aug 29 2005, 11:40 AM Wrote:that works out... but jeeze..  if he cant do something about the 4 hour minimum...

600$ for tuning + 400 for the predator is more than enough to make me rethink that turbo project.
[right][snapback]136669[/snapback][/right]

If its anywhere you want to spend the right money in the right place, its the tuning. ;) B)

Doesnt the pred have logging capabilities? You wouldnt add on the $600 for tuning then, escpecially since you will be doing it yourself.
I dont plan on tuning it myself... It just seems like youve went through alot of hassle using the pred. through toms mail order tunes etc. If i had the money. i'd go rent some shitty motel down in NC... or wherever tom is in. and have tune and install my turbo kit...

Theres a guy on fj...
stock svt internals. (sheet metal intake manifold made by tom) running the DiscoPotato GT28RS. Putting down 331 hp 280 torque.

Pretty damn sweet if you ask me.
05 Altima SE-R
Flofocus,Aug 29 2005, 10:45 AM Wrote:$150.00/hr, 4 hour minimum.  :o
[right][snapback]136640[/snapback][/right]

The total cost of your day will be worth almost as much as the car.

:lol:
the 4 hour min. is most likely to help recover some of his costs for having to travel to the different shops. As making an 8hr drive to a shop to do a 1hr tune just doens't make much sense.

unless he gets an apperance fee aswell
Below Average Car Club
$150 is kind of a lot of money. If he generally uses the same shop to tune at, he gets a discount for sure on the dyno time. So lets say he pays $75 an hour which is still a lot....he would be making $75 an hour to tune...wow, I'm in the wrong business.

And I am hoping that the $150 includes the dyno time.. :o

4 hour minimum is stupid, talk to anyone that tunes there is no way in hell it should take 4 hours to tune a car with a chip.. :o :o

Anyways..that's just me.
Jays2000ZX3,Aug 31 2005, 08:37 AM Wrote:$150 is kind of a lot of money. If he generally uses the same shop to tune at, he gets a discount for sure on the dyno time. So lets say he pays $75 an hour which is still a lot....he would be making $75 an hour to tune...wow, I'm in the wrong business.

And I am hoping that the $150 includes the dyno time.. :o

4 hour minimum is stupid, talk to anyone that tunes there is no way in hell it should take 4 hours to tune a car with a chip.. :o :o

Anyways..that's just me.
[right][snapback]137663[/snapback][/right]

Everywhere I've called quotes me a 3-4 hour minimum to tune.

But seriously, I'm hoping its cheaper. I sent him 3 datalogg sheets that were going to Tom, He has a pretty good base to work off of......its like 1/2 the work is already done for him, so yeah, I cant see 4 hours to tune a car that isn't running THAT bad.