Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tire Pressure
Ok I've had thes tires before (Falken Azenis) but this tiem around, it was fine all summer.. its ever since it started getting a bit colder, I've changed my tire pressure numerous times, day/night etc... but it still feels bumpy everytime i hit bumps or uneven parts of asphalt.. no its not because the car is dropped. It bounces from one side to the other. Feels like the rear is not in control (although it still sticks fine), but i tried putting air when they were colder.. tried after i've driven them (yes it makes a difference in pressure), ive tried anywhere from 33 hot to 39 hot.. I also always put 1 psi less in the rear.. i thought that might caus the problem, so i put it equal, same deal..i put in more in the rear.. same thing again..anyway, im not sure, sometimes it might be too soft, sometimes too hard? but it still causes the same bouncing..

So could anyone with hopefully the same tires and 15" like i have tell me what's their cold pressure (when teh car as been sitting all night) and check rpessure first thing in the morning.. or after you'Ve driven it for a while, what are they..

thanks guys.. it just it seems it helps for a bit, and then once they get hotter.. or colder, they start "dancing" again and it really doesn't feel stable

one thing i forgot to check, the weights on my wheels.. not sure it would caus that but ill have to check them, maybe i lost one
ZX3T gone..
I'll check my pressure tonight, then tomorrow morning.

[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
thanks buddy.. its just hard to determine if its too much or not enough.. caus i can never test it cold and hot at the same time you know.. should be relatively the same proportions though.. but anyway, i love these tires but i remember it took me a while to get them to the right pressure.. and now that the weather changed a bit (specially during the evening without not only the sun to ehat the pavement but ambient temps.)
ZX3T gone..
by dancing around .. do you mean swaying back and forth? like your gonna spin out or something? .. could be an alignment issue and you could also use a set of the P-51 shock shims.

Bouncing up and down .. maybe warn out rear shocks?

from what your saying i wouldn't really think its tire pressure related
Below Average Car Club
well not really bouncing but kinda.. its like swirving.. like as if i were rolling on and people were pushing the rear of the car left to right..

rear shocks finished? but they are 2 years old.. maybe the shims could help? i have no clue.. but i've had this before and tire pressure would change it.. all this summer it was fine except when i first took out the car..

it really feels like hydro planing..but with azenis hehe..

P51: what is your tire pressure?
ZX3T gone..
I have the 512's from Falken and they do feel different than other brands. They have a lot of grip for a so called all-season but ocasionally it feels like the side walls are too soft. Which is were your extra pitching comes in.

I'm running 32psi f/r

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 Liquid Grey ZX5 ses (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
2013 F150 crew xlt 4x4 blue flame
thanks for the feedback.. yeah for sure they are different.. the sidewall is actually pretty hard.. it feels alot different when you get on uneven roads.. the car pulls left or right depending on where the downhill is.. i had 712 khumos before and they didn't feel the same.. but weren't as hard to figure out the pressure..

i've gotten used to that.. but this is like a different feeling, as if the wheels were loose (they're not, i tightened them like 3 times already)

32 both front and rear? is that cold pressure?

someone told me to check the swaybar, might cause something like that.. so ill be looking at that later

thanks for the feedback
ZX3T gone..
yes thats cold. Sometimes I drop the back to 25-28 when I drive are town, just to get the back to come around quicker. I go really low in an autoX, 18-25. My CRX I drop to 12-16 in the rears. As long as they are balanced. Keep playing and you'll find something you like

DRyanC
2000 Black ZX3 (sold)
2007 Liquid Grey ZX5 ses (sold)
2007 CD Silver ZXW ses
2013 F150 crew xlt 4x4 blue flame
wow thats pretty low.. what size tires/wheels do you have? but yeah ill try that for sure.. it might be over pressure i dont know.. i haven't went under 31.5..
ZX3T gone..
if its a swaying feeling in the rear that you have then i'd say have the toe checked out. If your car is lowered then its probably outta wack alittle and it would cause this.

Also with the stock rear shocks there is a little bit of slack built into them to make the car have a cushier ride .. a set of p-51 shims well fix that and make it feel alot more stable.

This swaying probably feels alot worse on wet or snowy roads?
Below Average Car Club
which Azenis? RT215s aor RT615s?

i almost always run my tires 5psi below max in the front and 7psi blow max in the rear.

harder tires = better gas mileage.

the only way to propperly dial in tire pressures is by taking the car out to a big open parking lot and doing 75ft circles for 5 laps one direction and check the temps on the surface of the tires. on the outside, center and inside of the tread the temps should be equal. adjust pressures till you get a good balance, a 5% spread is fine.

the issue you are having could be due to an alignment issue.

my RT615s do nothing but grip at my pressures, no skrim or skipping... ever!?

also, invest in a quality tire pressure gauge and always use it when checking your pressures. the little stick type or the ones at gas stations are about as accurate as, well they are not accurate at all!

a nice dial gauge with a hose is ideal.
if you have a local Snap-On guy, there is a very nice Blue-point unit for about $50, get it! great unit and you can set your pressures exactly with it
over fill your tires, hook the gauge on, press the rest button while the fitting is on the valve stem and release pressure till you get the right PSI, couldn't be easier and more accurate!

i have seen anywhere from 5-20psi varriance from my Bluepoint to the stick and gas station gauges. i have checked my bluepoint against some $200 race gauges and it is just as accurate for a lot less!

hope that helps.
schade,Aug 25 2005, 07:28 PM Wrote:if its a swaying feeling in the rear that you have then i'd say have the toe checked out.  If your car is lowered then its probably outta wack alittle and it would cause this.

Also with the stock rear shocks there is a little bit of slack built into them to make the car have a cushier ride .. a set of p-51 shims well fix that and make it feel alot more stable.

This swaying probably feels alot worse on wet or snowy roads?
[right][snapback]136037[/snapback][/right]
I have kind of found a sweet spot this last week-end.. it barely does it anymore.. just in the morning when the tires are cool and then its alright after like 10 minutes of drivnig..

yes it feels worse on wet roads.. never drove the azenis (215) in the snow ;)

i have had my toe fixed before for uneven wear.. i didn't think it could "change" like alignement.. i could go and get it checked

I do have a digital gauge from canadian tire... nothing like a 50$ snap on one but it usually works fine.. and reads .5 and stays consistant as far as i know.. ill try with another one..

but so far, it has been alright for the last 2 days.. i usually dont need to touch it really, its just the weather as changed a bit and on cool nights it wouldn't have the same feel, but playing with it, i had made it worse i think..
ZX3T gone..
DRyanC,Aug 25 2005, 08:03 PM Wrote:I have the 512's from Falken and they do feel different than other brands. They have a lot of grip for a so called all-season but ocasionally it feels like the side walls are too soft. Which is were your extra pitching comes in.

I'm running 32psi f/r

DRyanC
[right][snapback]135976[/snapback][/right]

that's what I have on the buggy right now... as soon as I put them on I was like WTF these sidewalls are jello. I have mine at 35-40psi... which is a bit high but the max pressure is in the 50's if I remember after a few hundreds K they settled in nicely and they are a great tire

now back to the thread
***want to buy***
MBRP................ check
SCT Xcal2 ........ check
VF mounts
Adj. Dampers ... check
Meford's Mom.... sale pending