Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spirited Driving :d
Bored.. instead just posting for the sake of it.. Let's talk about my drive home from work today..

4th gear.. 6000-7000rpm all the way home and used up a full 1/8 bar of fuel... This is on the 401 at 6:00pm today. Hardly a car in sight on the express lanes.. After I got home, I was grinning in the elevator all the way up to my floor.

Anybody have these "fits" once in awhile? or is it a daily occurence for most people?

B.T.W: 4th gear @ 6k-7k puts the svtf in around the 160-170 km/h area.

[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)
taiyeungjai,Jul 14 2005, 10:55 PM Wrote:Bored.. instead just posting for the sake of it.. Let's talk about my drive home from work today..

4th gear.. 6000-7000rpm all the way home and used up a full 1/8 bar of fuel...  This is on the 401 at 6:00pm today. Hardly a car in sight on the express lanes.. After I got home, I was grinning in the elevator all the way up to my floor.

Anybody have these "fits" once in awhile? or is it a daily occurence for most people?
[right][snapback]122421[/snapback][/right]

Happens whenever I hit the 407, between taking the onramp from the 410 N to the 407 E at 120km/h (recommended is 70km/h :D ) I'm fighting to keep the car from hitting 130km/h once I get on the 407 proper... it just feels that damn smooth and this is the stock SES level suspension and 16" tires.

Then there's Hammer Time when I'm out in Pickering, one of my friends lives just off Altona Rd. and when ever I pull back onto Altona Rd. I find myself punching it as hard as I can from the stop sign up to the limit which is 80km/h (and a tad beyond sometimes ;) )

Can't say as my old wheels could ever do that, or be as much fun trying to do it.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jul 14 2005, 11:06 PM Wrote:
taiyeungjai,Jul 14 2005, 10:55 PM Wrote:Bored.. instead just posting for the sake of it.. Let's talk about my drive home from work today..

4th gear.. 6000-7000rpm all the way home and used up a full 1/8 bar of fuel...  This is on the 401 at 6:00pm today. Hardly a car in sight on the express lanes.. After I got home, I was grinning in the elevator all the way up to my floor.

[right][snapback]122421[/snapback][/right]

Then there's Hammer Time NefCanuck
[right][snapback]122426[/snapback][/right]

Oh boy. :lol:
Just remember, when the officer pulls you over, you have to say with a straight face: 'Can't touch this." :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 15 2005, 09:42 AM Wrote:Just remember, when the officer pulls you over, you have to say with a straight face: 'Can't touch this." :lol:
[right][snapback]122491[/snapback][/right]

No, no, no, when the officer pulls you over you say "Large double, double and a dutchie officer?" :rofl:

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 15 2005, 01:42 PM Wrote:Just remember, when the officer pulls you over, you have to say with a straight face: 'Can't touch this." :lol:

:lol: haha i just got this vision of you pop-locking on the highway to that song, in front of a cop! super funny :lol:
I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself...
Its like throwing on a good fast running tune and holding to the wood. I love it, I wish i could stay in it for longer but I get spooked about cops being behing the next bridge or treeline.
2005 ZX4 SOLD! ST; 1992 Mustang 5.0L S/C

[Image: lakemitchellsml.jpg][Image: burnout1sml.jpg]
NefCanuck,Jul 15 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 15 2005, 09:42 AM Wrote:Just remember, when the officer pulls you over, you have to say with a straight face: 'Can't touch this." :lol:

No, no, no, when the officer pulls you over you say "Large double, double and a dutchie officer?" :rofl:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]122494[/snapback][/right]

Just throw a crueller out the window and keep driving. :)
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
Oscar The Grouch,Jul 15 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jul 15 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]122494[/snapback][/right]

Just throw a crueller out the window and keep driving. :)
[right][snapback]122635[/snapback][/right]

Better make it a box of em, just in case they call their buddies for backup :lol:

NefCanuck
(Who really does respect the police, honest :P )