Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silverstars
i finally put on my silverstars, they look great got some night pics ill post soon. but one thing i heard the can burn the wire harness so i think i might bring them back and go for the PIAA's i hear they're really good anyone know anything about those
[img]http://www.focuscanada.net/images/fc_logo_black.gif[img]
I've been driving with the 9003STs for 6 months+ and no problems whatsoever.

Where did you hear that from exactly? :huh:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
I have been driving with the H1 and H3 silverstars since I put my projectors on in january and no problems. I wouldn't worry about them burning the wires. PIAA's however are awesome bulbs and dominate the Silverstars. My buddy just upgraded from Silverstars to PIAA in his GTI and the light is a world of difference.
Join the Sedan Faction - You know you want to.
Ive got PIAA Super Extreme bulbs and their much brighter than silverstars. I can give you my bulbs cause i just got my st170 headlights today.
2000 CD Silver ZX3 Auto - Focus Sport Race Header + Flexpipe - Magnaflow Cat-back + Resonator- P&P Head - Comp Cams - Esslinger Cam Gears - AEM CAI - Ford Racing Plug Wires - Progress Springs - Eibach Dampers - 17" OZ Superleggeras - Diablo Sport Chip - Focus Central UDPs - Wings West W-Type

128 whp
120 wtq
got to love those PIAA's..they are really expensive but nothing compares to them..
ask the guys about the difference on the projectors..!!also the silverstars are really nice..second in my list.!
00 DAKOTA R/T.......I just didnt like the torque of the Focus thats all...!!!
silverstars burn the wiring harness? never heard of that one, and haven't had any prob with my fogs or my headlights yet... ;)
i love the PIAA's i actually found them at i think $25 for 2 at some place in woodbrige for those of you who live in the toronto area, im gonna see what happenes to them then ill go with PIAA but now im happy. another question where can i find the fog lights in silverstars, i know they are 899 but i cant find them anywhere
[img]http://www.focuscanada.net/images/fc_logo_black.gif[img]
i picked mine up at canadian tire, took some looking, but they were further down the aisle in a different casing, but they are silverstars! lol :P
smith21,Jul 6 2005, 12:39 PM Wrote:i picked mine up at canadian tire, took some looking, but they were further down the aisle in a different casing, but they are silverstars! lol :P
[right][snapback]119748[/snapback][/right]

You found the 899 fogs at Canadian Tire, or are you referring to headlight bulbs? I wanna get both silverstar headlights and fogs.
jabber,Jul 8 2005, 01:02 AM Wrote:
smith21,Jul 6 2005, 12:39 PM Wrote:i picked mine up at canadian tire, took some looking, but they were further down the aisle in a different casing, but they are silverstars! lol :P
[right][snapback]119748[/snapback][/right]

You found the 899 fogs at Canadian Tire, or are you referring to headlight bulbs? I wanna get both silverstar headlights and fogs.
[right][snapback]120240[/snapback][/right]

yup, picked up the fogs too, but to be honest, if you don't have a glass fog casing, it doesn't really make much difference, but they are a little brighter