Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race Headers On....
So I know EVERYBODY told me that race headers were loud and ricey sounding, that is not a lie, they are loud and ricey.....

Anyway i'm going in tommorow to the exhaust shop to have a bung welded in for my wideband gauge (yes I could use the second o2 BUT i'd have to remove the header again and well..i'm lazy....) and a highflow cat put in at the same time. So hopefully i'll be silenced slightly....

Gains with the supercharger are phenominal! It really opens up the top end! But suprisingly it is pretty quiet up until 3500rpm and then it wakes up the neighborhood.

To match my ricey sound i've added some loom, well not really ricey but yeah.....I wish I had a sound clip instead of a photo of the engine bay :)

[Image: enginebay.jpg]
now your like me and jarrod. we come booting down the street and ppl just think its another civic.
Seems to be a common occurence lately, adding race headers then truly discovering for yourself how loud it really is :lol: . I'm interested to see how much the cat quiets it down, this is what I am looking at doing when I get the money and time together to git 'er done.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
LOL its true. It's something you really have to hear for your self to realize how dam loud it is lol
I'll be honest here, Kev... that loom looks... less than good.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Raine,Jun 27 2005, 09:21 PM Wrote:I'll be honest here, Kev... that loom looks... less than good.
[right][snapback]118046[/snapback][/right]

ghetto?
rice?

stone-cold wack!?

:D
Raine,Jun 28 2005, 12:21 AM Wrote:I'll be honest here, Kev... that loom looks... less than good.
[right][snapback]118046[/snapback][/right]

Yep..i'm agreeing...i'll sleep on it....I bought it over a year ago and decided that after doing my brakes tonight i'ld throw that on.....

Thankfully its easily removable :)
I'm glad it's working well, Kevin.

You could always go a few shades darker for the wireloom. I think that would suit your engine bay and car even better :)
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
adding a cat would quite it down a lot, i've done it to my race header. Some of the members here heard the sound of my car last time at the kennedy commons meet, and they said the car is not loud... (well but still far from quiet of course :P )
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
I went to pipes exhaust today at lunch and we added in a magnaflow highflow catalytic. The rice sound is completly gone, its still loud, but the rice sound at least is gone.

It was a fair amount of work since they had to cut the mbrp exhaust and move the resonator back to fit the catalytic just after the flex. They did a real nice clean job and welded in a bung for my wideband at the same time.

I probably could have got it done cheaper somewhere else but they did a good job and did exactly what I asked for and thats what matters.
:postpics:
Below Average Car Club
OK, when I install my a/f gauge I'll take some pics of the exhaust setup....
yes pictures please. Im am also wanting to do a high flow cta as well.
did you still keep a resonator on? or is it just the cat alone thats doing the job of quieting it down?
Below Average Car Club
YEah, you normally have to flip the resonator so that it's further back and put the cat right after the flexpipe. I had head that pipes was really good.