Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Was Wrong About Udps
So last spring I picked up my first set of FC 2 peice pullies. I got them installed after 4 hours trying to figure out how to do it. Any way got them on and I noticed some sort of performance gain.

So after it took me 15 minutes to remove them a year later so I could put the super charger on.

Any way super charger ended up getting sold and so did the UDPs. I drove the car for 2 months and installed a TB and rear motor mount. I didnt have any plans on picking up UDP's again and I pretty much thought there not worth it.

I then managed to find a set of FC pullies for cheap so why not I took them. Install went alot faster this time (20 minutes) and yes I can very much feel the difference. Now that I know more about the car I got a better idea. I find less lag in between gears. Dropping from 4th into 3rd also seems alot smoother and I also find less shake/vibration at idle with the rear motor mount. Kinda werid but what ever Im happy.

I have yet to try them again with the a/c on but I well for sure try it tommorow. I think it was just last thurs I drove home with the A/C and the car was absolutely dead. So im curious to see how it does this time with the UDPs.

So to any one out there looking for cheap mods. If you can find a set of used pullies go for it :D

I got pullies exclusively for when I have the a/c on (very rarely) just because it kills a lot of the lag.
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Thats what my intention were last summer but I never run a/c LOL I be better off removing it else I will just end up dumping out all the R134 again lol