Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focussport Race Header
Ok, I just had this installed today (thanks a lot mitch, big ups for you), but this thing is way too loud. And way too farty.

options:

1) sell it.

2) resonator or some sort of sound deadening?

what do you all think. This is going to get me a ticket within a month I bet if I keep it the way it is, this is just too loud.
Run your car, not your mouth
ZOOM,May 22 2005, 06:01 AM Wrote:Ok, I just had this installed today (thanks a lot mitch, big ups for you), but this thing is way too loud. And way too farty.

options:

1) sell it.

2) resonator or some sort of sound deadening?

what do you all think. This is going to get me a ticket within a month I bet if I keep it the way it is, this is just too loud.
[right][snapback]110303[/snapback][/right]

just get a resonator...that will settle things down. the longest one u can find too :P
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
What exhaust are you running? I have a Focussport header on its way as well.
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
get a free flow magnaflow resonator. Make sure its free flow thow. Best adive I can give you. Welcome to performance world. Dont be a pussy and suck it up muffin It doesnt even come close to loud as so many other cars out there.
what exhaust is bolted up to it? i think that makes a HUGE difference.. get a bosal or something on the 'quite' side.. or get a resonator like others suggested

also, i totally understand if you sold it.. i sold my header because i thought it was way too loud also
Jarrod has a 4-2 race header with MBRP and his is so much louder. I mean crazy louder then my 4-1 header with Magnaflow.
ZX3TUNR,May 22 2005, 09:32 PM Wrote:Jarrod has a 4-2 race header with MBRP and his is so much louder. I mean crazy louder then my 4-1 header with Magnaflow.
[right][snapback]110417[/snapback][/right]
THis gives me hope, I'll soon have the same setup, 4-1 + maganflow
I bought a red car, because everyone knows red is the fastest.
ZX3TUNR,May 22 2005, 07:11 PM Wrote:It doesnt even come close to loud as so many other cars out there.
[right][snapback]110409[/snapback][/right]

oh man, one of the guys out here is running a SVT header combo with a ORP and Vibrant exhaust!? it hit over 118dB at one of the regional championship AutoX's out here where they had a dB meter out, it was louder than the same planes landing right over us!
when i have the Vibrant with kam and trubendz 2.5" flex i hit 118dB at 4500rpm on the same meter. it forced me to get a custom 2.5" exhaust with magnaflow high flow cat, magnaflow 18" res and a big magnaflow muffler...because i could not take it above 3500rpm without it deffening people on the sides of the road! now it sounds awsome! :D

get a different exhaust or weld a big resonator in there, the magnaflows are my suggestion! :D
i haven't had any experience with the focus application, but i am really happy with the bosal OEM exhaust that is on my integra.. its legal, quiet on the highway, but definitely there when i am having fun and using the full throttle..
Me and Ben found out bosal + long tube header = Not quiet anymore.

Rubbermans car was the loudest focus ive ever heard. Ive heard the vibrants with long headers.... Whatever combo with those gude cams made his car louder...

It was retarded loud.. I could not believe it after installing the header that day with him.
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
I have a vibrant + focussport race header...

this thing is too loud. Driving it around today for the first full day, I actually disklike the sound it gives. Sounds sexy at idle and low rpms but once i push her a little and bring up my rpms the entire exhaust starts to rattle and it gives off a metallic ringing noise and it sounds gay and begins to sound farty.

I need specific name brands and parts to put in. I am going in Tuesday morning to order it and hopefully have it welded in on the weekend. Till then I drive 50 km/h and it takes me like 30 seconds to accelerate to 50 cause i dun wanna push my car too hard and have a cop hear it and ticket me.
Run your car, not your mouth
i have 4-2-1 race header + 2.25 flex + custom undercar high flow cat + borla exhaust... and stage II cams

of course is not quiet... but not loud either....
especially right after hearing exhaust sound of some other modded cars, i felt my car is quiet :D

i must admit that the cat caught the noise down by a noticable level..

a few members in this board have heard my exhaust.. u can ask for their opinions..
2001 Yellow Focus ZX3
Rubberman has you beat.

There is no way your car is louder than that!!!!
I had a hedman shorty, orp, bosal flex and vibrant cat back and it too was just stupid loud. To the point i was embarrassed to drive it, it was that loud. And i don't think the ractive shorty intake helped too much either.......

so i have since opt'd for the SVT air box and hi-flow cat
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
Want a bosal exhaust? (even have the silencer for it)
2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Magna flow resonator, biggest one you can find.
Magnaflow muffler, i think it's 12" long or so
and a different tip if you can swing it.

once everything is said and done you might be better off just buying a new exhaust! :(
What about swapping the Vibrant for the MBRP? They've shown consistently good gains yet they're much quieter than a lot of other aftermarket setups.

Plus, you can't argue with the good build quality and materials :D
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
sell it.
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
I would sell it because the car is auto but if you want to keep it, I would do the following...before that though, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN? You bolt up a 4-1 header to a cat back, no cat, no nothing..HELLO.

Magnaflow High Flow cat, or Catco, or whatever your exhaust shop uses, such as a Magnaflow 2.25" part#91005

Magnaflow resonator

either a 4" round 2.25" 22"long 28"total length part#10435

or a 6" round 2.25" 18"long 24"total length part#12645

Get this installed, I assume the vibrant is 2.25", if it's 2.5" then just go to Magnaflow's website to find that size or ask your exhaust shop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fswerks race header , Street legal? adamzx5 9 4,152 07-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Last Post: adamzx5
  Race Header ZX5focused 15 5,478 01-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Last Post: dBlast
  Before You Buy A Race Header, Watch! ZX3TUNR 19 6,556 06-25-2005, 03:40 PM
Last Post: Kool_ZX3
  Race Header / Flex Progress ZX3TUNR 1 1,403 12-14-2004, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Gee
  Race Header FociS8nt 22 7,188 05-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Last Post: 2001 ZTS