or
This one
incase that thing doesn't work /\
dmcisaac,Apr 24 2005, 03:58 PM Wrote:This one
or
This one
[right][snapback]104100[/snapback][/right]
if you have a zetec, which im pretty sure you do, the second one is the one you want.
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
ZX5focused,Apr 24 2005, 03:17 PM Wrote:
dmcisaac,Apr 24 2005, 03:58 PM Wrote:This one
or
This one
if you have a zetec, which im pretty sure you do, the second one is the one you want.
[right][snapback]104101[/snapback][/right]

I just bought a Bomz, and im going to buy a K&N Filter and I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Turbo arrived!
I'm always different.

My 'cheap' set up is SVT intake snorkel, bottom half of a SVT airbox and K&N panel filter. If I can come across one I'll add an "add on duct" to the resonator opening.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
I used a K&N filter and using a small section or 3" alluminum mandrel bent polished exhaust pipe attached it to the MAF sensor. I welded in a small outlet for the breather tube to attach to as well. Sounds much better (although kinda fart pipe-ish) and throttle response seems a bit better as well. I'm happy and it cost me nothing since I had the Filter from my last vehicle.
Luke.

2002 Malibu Blue ZX5 "Malibloo" RIP 2006 Sad
2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 "Tarmac" Eurofried Rice

Tarmac.
dmcisaac,Apr 24 2005, 01:58 PM Wrote:This one
or
This one

You have to watch out for the term SOHC (single overhead cam) which refers to the SPI engine in the base model sedans/wagons. The Zetec is DOHC (dual overhead cam).

Also from the links you posted, the first one was a short ram style intake and the second is a cold air intake (CAI). The short intakes are just an elbow off your throttle body, a pipe, and then a cone filter. The CAI unit runs piping all the way down and around the engine to hang the filter closer to the ground and the front bumper. The advantage of the CAI is that it isnt pulling the hot engine-bay air into the intake, disadvantages include driving through a deep puddle, sucking up water and hydrolocking your engine.