Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cai
anybody seem/have this??
CAI
'05 Grand Cherokee LTD Hemi

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
Not installed: FK 60/40 Springs
Yup, seen it, another cheap ass ebay type (knockoff) product.....

PS - junk!
S2,Apr 16 2005, 11:22 AM Wrote:Yup, seen it, another cheap ass ebay type (knockoff) product.....

PS - junk!
[right][snapback]102027[/snapback][/right]

thank you

'02 black ZX5 ****currently on jack stands my parents garage missing a transmission****
--FC/OBX 4-2-1 Race Header--FS Flex--MBRP catback exhaust--AEM CAI--Brembo Brakes with Hawk HPS pads--Toucan(ractive) 9mm Plug wires--FC Plug wire cover--Polished aluminum Ractive Strut Bar
All joking aside, the piping is probably alot better then the typical BOMZ intakes out there. The filter looks pretty cheap. I dunno, honestly I don't bother buying cheaper stuff for my car, I look for the quality parts and if it takes me longer to save up, then I will.

I also wouldn't bother running a CAI here in Canada since I drive my car all year, and if I did, it would be an AEM cause I would want the bypass valve and probably a weathershield just to make sure I never risk the chance of hydrolock.

Personally IMO the VOLANT or PIPERCROSS are the only way to go, my recommendation anyway.
for what i've seen...don't buy a short shifter from Cosmo...

if you take a CAI, it's a nicely done product...approx exactly the same of AEM CAI...but change the filter...

I broke my short shifter and few of the guy that buy one with me in my GB...

There is a contact near of where i live, so i met him before buying the shifters and they look stong...but wasn't...

Hope it will help in your choice...
haha Rick, same deal here.. mine broke too .. for 40$, what can you expect..

im gonna get mine rewelded though, its a pretty easy fix..

as for the cold air intake though.. i don't think it would be bad at all.. yes its still "cheapo" but what is different about it really.. its just piping.. its in montreal too so no BS fees...
ZX3T gone..
Bering... do you have a pics of your shifter broken???

We compare the AEM and the Cosmo and the Bomz... the piping is exactly the same... the filter is crap...the braket is a little bit less strong than the AEM...

that's it... ;)

p.s. Bering, i didn't expect anything from Cosmo but i have to meet him to show the broken shifter and get my money back :D
i dont have any pictures but i could get some.. its the little pin with the ball that broke off.. my shifter was stuck in 2nd gear and was moving freely from top to bottom.. its the bottom pin/ball that broke..

you think they are gonna give you you're money back?

i was just gonna get it welded.. it was just cheaply done in the first place so a new one will still end up breaking..
ZX3T gone..
i think im gonna get it and throw a k&n filter on it. then jsut keep an eye on it to make sure its all good. it still looks 100 times better then the bomz.

yeah i wouldn't be worried about it.. the filter will be cheaper but the piping remains the same..

as for the bracket, even the AEMs break..
ZX3T gone..
BerinG,Apr 18 2005, 12:17 PM Wrote:yeah i wouldn't be worried about it.. the filter will be cheaper but the piping remains the same..

as for the bracket, even the AEMs break..
[right][snapback]102358[/snapback][/right]

Plus, you know, you paid so cheap for the bomz, you dont mind hacking it up for Turbo piping later on. <_< :huh: ;) :ph34r:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
exacly B)
ZX3T gone..