Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camber Kit
anyone running one? if so what one and are u happy with it?
anyone interested in doing a group buy for camber kits from my work? eibach kit maybe???let me know Jay and I are probably picking one up soon
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I bought the Steeda kit. No complaints. Easy install, just make sure you have a dremel with a cutting disk and bit(s) for grinding.
is that a rear camber kit and what is it u needed to grind out?
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I'm running the rear kit, my camber was pretty bad, so it was definitely needed.

The stock spot-welded nut needs to be grinded off, to replace it with the nut and bolt thats supplied.

This is hella easier if you have air tools, as a dremel and cutting disc is pretty slow and breakable.
jarrod i know what there talking about. we can have that thing cut off in 5 seconds with the air grinder.
Would this be of benefit to a guy running a SVT suspension on a sedan who would move from 185/65R15 to 205/50R16 to 215/45R17 with each change of seasons? Would it help with any alignment issues if alignment issues exist all?

The outside diameters of all three sets being within 3% of each other. Once the SVT stuff is in I was just going to get an alignment done on the "middle ones" (16's) and figure the 15's and 17's would be acceptable with same alignment.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Like the guy said at the shop to me. Its an upgrade that is always good. In the end it well save you more money then anything.

LOL look at jarrod. He been threw 3 different sets of tires in the past year and 1/2. DAYUM thats alot to wasted money.
ZX3TUNR,Mar 27 2005, 08:00 PM Wrote:LOL look at jarrod. He been threw 3 different sets of tires in the past year and 1/2. DAYUM thats alot to wasted money.
[right][snapback]96848[/snapback][/right]

Please elaborate (tell more)? why? how? uneven wear due to bad camber? lack of frequent rotation?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Jarrod can prolly explain it better.

I know the recent rear tires that just went on him. Were from off camber. Me and him are running the exact same drop and same size tires. How ever his are Z rated and he ran into probs where as me I have yet to see any excessive wear. Thats all I know. Like I said he can prolly explain it better.
Air grinder will work very well Jay.

Remember to get an alignement afterwards, to make sure both rear wheels are set at the same camber setting.
yeah stupid camber. umm both the tires just wore out due to excessive tire wear caused by camber. i am now on a brand new set of tires all around so I want a camber kit so that i can keep these ones a lil longer ;)
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
I was dropped on 17's with my eibach sportlines and I never got a camber kit and my tires never really wore funny...?
Run your car, not your mouth
i think any lower thatn 2 inch and ur camber will be off...whats a sportline drop? rim size doesn't matter ...
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
FociS8nt,Mar 28 2005, 08:17 AM Wrote:i think any lower thatn 2 inch and ur camber will be off...whats a sportline drop? rim size doesn't matter ...
[right][snapback]96958[/snapback][/right]

Sportlines are a 2" drop so borderline for a camber kit.
Jarrod your NOT running a camber kit with your drop????????
:unsure:
S2,Mar 28 2005, 02:21 PM Wrote:Jarrod your NOT running a camber kit with your drop????????
[right][snapback]96961[/snapback][/right]

no
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
FociS8nt,Mar 28 2005, 09:42 AM Wrote::unsure:
S2,Mar 28 2005, 02:21 PM Wrote:Jarrod your NOT running a camber kit with your drop????????

no
[right][snapback]96993[/snapback][/right]

That would explain the three sets of tires.......
S2,Mar 28 2005, 04:01 PM Wrote:
FociS8nt,Mar 28 2005, 09:42 AM Wrote::unsure:

no
[right][snapback]96993[/snapback][/right]

That would explain the three sets of tires.......
[right][snapback]97000[/snapback][/right]

yep damnit!

:(
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
LOL but in all honestly, i've heard of guys with a 2.0-2.2 inch drop getting away without a camber kit. It seems like it all boils down to the experience of the alignment guy. Some say they got the car back into specs, some say no chance in hell.

The 'rule of thumb' has always been.... less then 2", no camber needed, more then 2", camber needed. This is pretty standard for the sport compact industry, not just for the focus.
Andrew, the rear camber on wagons is bad, stock wagons have obvious camber. Some sedans i've noticed have it also.
After I installed my Apex kit, 60-40 drop, and put my 17s on, i suffered inner tire wear. So much so, I had to buy another set of tires after 1 season.
I had a Ford alignment done, 1 week after the Apex kit was in, 2 days after the 17s went on.
Last spring I installed the bolts and had another Ford alignment. From the printouts they gave me, I had eyebald the bolts pretty good. I would suggest it, it's only $50 which isn't even the tax on a decent set of tires.
Also, have the alignment done of the widest tires, typically summers. I'm told because of the width, they are most affected by improper camber. Also, there's less of a margin to be in or out.
Does any of it make sense??