Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will These Fit On My Car...
Well I may be able to buy some rims/tires off of someone I know but I have a slight problem with sizing.

The rims are 17" Riax Monza rims. They are 225/45/17, is 225 too wide for the focus? I am planning on lowering it at some point in the future and will probably stick with these rims for a while.

Does anyone forsee any problems at all?
'01 Black Focus ZX3
Custom FI Built 2.2L Zetec // CM Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel // X3 Tune FSWERKS// Ford SVT Brake Kit F&R// KW Springs // KYB AGX Shocks // 22 & 25mm Eibach Sway Set // 2000 Ported IM // FC TB // SVT Header // 3" Custom Header-back Exhaust //many more mods to come...
shadowzx3,Apr 27 2009, 01:24 PM Wrote:Well I may be able to buy some rims/tires off of someone I know but I have a slight problem with sizing.

The rims are 17" Riax Monza rims. They are 225/45/17, is 225 too wide for the focus? I am planning on lowering it at some point in the future and will probably stick with these rims for a while.

Does anyone forsee any problems at all?
[right][snapback]285976[/snapback][/right]

You need to find out the width and offset of the rims in order to know for sure ... a 7" rim with a moderate offset would be better than an 8" rim with a high offset.

IMO a wide tire and a wide rim with a high positive offset will likely spell trouble on a lowered car.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Apr 27 2009, 01:38 PM Wrote:You need to find out the width and offset of the rims in order to know for sure ...  a 7" rim with a moderate offset would be better than an 8" rim with a high offset.

IMO a wide tire and a wide rim with a high positive offset will likely spell trouble on a lowered car.
[right][snapback]285978[/snapback][/right]

Ok so the size of the rims are 7" and the offset is 42mm. The website that I found has a bit more info in the case that its needed found Here

Thanks for the reply, hope these fit alright
'01 Black Focus ZX3
Custom FI Built 2.2L Zetec // CM Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel // X3 Tune FSWERKS// Ford SVT Brake Kit F&R// KW Springs // KYB AGX Shocks // 22 & 25mm Eibach Sway Set // 2000 Ported IM // FC TB // SVT Header // 3" Custom Header-back Exhaust //many more mods to come...
since you're not lowered yet you might be ok.....

I'm lowered (2"front, 2.2" rear) and running 225/45/16 and i'm having some slight rubbing in the back when i hit slight bumps

And you will be wider and taller, where i am just wider.
2002 pitch black ZX3
Mach HIDs, 02 RS upper grille, Cervini's body kit, DTM drop mirrors, D2 coilovers, purple focussport strut tower bar and chrome rear bar, purple FC tb, Powerworks supercharger, optima yellow top, SVT ceramic coated header,Random Tech SVT/Zetec hi-flow cat , bosal flex, vibrant cat back with custom dual tips, b&m short throw shifter, pro-fit fuel door, shorty antenna, race-pedals.com "focus" pedals, clear 3rd brake light, SVT hvac controls, Transfer Racing billet hvac knobs, RS shift knob, RS Sparco E-brake handle, Mazda3 rear wiper, CarZone 3 piece roof wing, 17" Keskin KT4 wheels

Classic Painting
SL8RZZX3,Apr 27 2009, 07:39 PM Wrote:since you're not lowered yet you might be ok.....

I'm lowered (2"front, 2.2" rear) and running 225/45/16 and i'm having some slight rubbing in the back when i hit slight bumps

And you will be wider and taller, where i am just wider.
[right][snapback]286008[/snapback][/right]

Alright well the biggest drop I plan on doing is a 2" drop overall. I may hold off on buying the rims, get the suspension first and try out these rims/tires.

I think that's the safest choice, agreed?
'01 Black Focus ZX3
I would agree with that. Drop your ride first, then buy shoes to fit. Plus a car with wheels that isn't lowered look a little silly.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.