Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring Wheel Stereo Controls To Aftermarkt Hu
Okay,

my entire stereo is in, installed, and sounding great but I never figured out how to wire up the stereo controls on the steering wheel to my clarion HU.

Does anyone know how to do this with an aftermarket HU?? The button are sweet to have right there and it's a shame they are not functional...

HELP ME...
I have the same issue with mine. I know there is a wiring harness you can buy$$$ for this purpose. I'll try to fine a link for you on FF.com. It is only for certain HU but I think there is one for Clarion.

Here you go:
http://www.pac-audio.com/products/swi.htm
Hope this helps.
2003 CD Silver SVT Focus
#21 of 2173
It is a PAC SWI-x adapter. I need to pick one up myself.

The only bad thing about hooking it up is to make sure when testing it, you have your sunroof open and that it is a very sunny day outside. More than likely, if you are doing it indoors or with the sunroof closed the transmitter eye will work anywhere in the car, but when you actually use it outdoors and any light gets into the car, the transmitter won't work and you'll have to drill another hole in your steering wheel cover to relocate the transmitter.

Otherwise, it is a great unit. You can program your steering wheel buttons to do anything that your HU's remote can do (since it learns our HU's remote). That comes in real handy, especially since the source switch button (between the volume controls) is useless to me (even when I had the stock HU)

Concepts on wheels carries this unit, you might want to give them a call. (They are in Markham, do a google search)
[Image: svtfocusavatar1.jpg]

99 Mustang V6 Coupe Perf.Red w/MachAudio+TC
00 Mustang GT Coupe Perf.Red /MachAudio+Leather+TC
* 03 SVT 5dr Infra-Red Focus w/ Audio+Sunroof+WinterPkg
06 Mustang GT 'Vert w/ Shaker1K+IUP+ICA (~04/06)

* = (Current Ride)