Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-test Booked
Some of you are waiting to see if I pass my E-Test so they can get a Header and a tune put on they're Duratec as well.

I booked it for 9:00 AM May 1st, 2009 at Bramalea Automotive Electric. A friends shop.

I currently have done to the engine;
Tune;
91 OCT Tune FocusSport
Running 91 Shell V-Power
Rpm 0-2000 Spark 2 Degrees
Rpm 2000-4000 Spark 1 Degree
Rpm 4000-6000 Spark 1 Dergee
Rpm Idle Drive 800 RPM
Rpm Idle Nuetral 750 RPM
Air/Fuel 6% Lean
Shift Points
Gear 1-2 15%
Gear 2-3 15%
Gear 3-4 15%

Parts;
Steeda Shorty CAI
OBX 4-1 1.25" Header
MagnaFlow 2.5 SS Cat Back
1st Cat MIA
2nd Stock Cat
1st O2 Stock
2nd O2 Senor MIA
3rd O2 Not sure if there is one?????? :huh:
Brisk Lambo Multi-Sprak spark plugs

I'll let you know how it goes. :unsure:
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

If I can pass...you can pass!
Those are the words I need to hear, awsome!
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified

Scorcher000,Apr 23 2009, 10:03 AM Wrote:Those are the words I need to hear, awsome!
[right][snapback]285670[/snapback][/right]

Just out of curiosity: why those plugs John ... I thought the conventional wisdom was that Motorcraft were the best

... also: can your friend run the test dyno without it being hooked up to the ministry's computers - I thought it was some sort of integrated system that required the dyno to be online in order to run a test.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
It's a pre-test. He's going to mark down the time that it takes to run as a pre test and me to change it back and forth with the air/fuel mixture. Thats how I'm doing it.
Dave said it would be about 10 min per Pre Test and I figure about 3 min to re-program the car.
Why Ken? You want a header too lol. You have to get a CAI for that thing first though.
Also I choose those plugs because I needed to change them and I hear and read great things about them so I thought why not when I was ordering my Programer from FocusSport.

if anything, you may run into troubles because you don't have your precat in place.. however, if you get the car good and warm before doing the test, you may pull it off without issue.

I'd love to know how Focus Sport did their tune.. .if all they did was add the global spark value (and didn't touch the baseline or borderline knock spark tables), you could likely put in 89 octane and get a cleaner burn for off-WOT tests like the e-test.

OF course, FS is a competent tuner, so I wouldn't assume they'd skip something as fundamental as the borderline or baseline spark tables.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I alway thought that it was a one off tune but I think it is just a perset they have mass produced and you tinker with it as much as you can or what it will allow me to do. Either way it's not much. I plan on getting the Cosworth Intake manifold and getting Steeda to tune it up nice in the summer.

Yeah, make sure it is good and HOT. The only problem I can forsee would be with the visual inspection. Missing CAT means no pass.

Why would you have to book so far in advance. When I had mine done I just rolled up to CTC and they drove it onto the rollers. No waiting.
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.
Ya I know it's streange Kev but with good reason. He booked the whole day just for my car on that machine just so I can play around and get it to pass. I do have 1 CAT left on the car and 1 O2.

Well boys and I guess some girls...
I passsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed....
Oh ya... Only after 9 Pre tests and 2 hours of disabling and messing with the car.

So I got the car put on the dyno and looked at the exhaust just as we were hooking up the probe...
[Image: IMG00377.jpg]
A weee little worm got baked to my exhaust... Dam

But anyways, put it up on the bad boy and ran it as I had the ECU programed.
[Image: IMG00378.jpg]

This is it ideling
[Image: IMG00379.jpg]

Well after about 9 tests of decreasing spark temp and messing around with everything. We figured out that maybe we should just try the stock setting. So the the car sat for like a 20 min break with the fan on it and we ran it one more time with stock calibration. The dame thing was running great, but then started to jump up above 505 on the NO settings and then went into the red.
So we let it sit for a hour and then run it right away after starting the car.
The dam thing held in there long enough to pass me. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Stress off my back.
[Image: E-Test.jpg]

So if you wish to do these mods please have the car Ice Cold, in Stock Calibration with the ECU and run the test just as song as you start it. The only way possible. I swear.

And it only took 2.8 BHP to run the test lol oh ya.

hmmm... interesting. good to know. so you do have 1 functioning cat, eh? that's good to know. thanks for trying it and let us know that it's possible.
sweet man, always a good feeling ot get a modded car to pass. And its nice to see actual results.. everyone (including me) always said to go with a hot hot hot cat. Doesnt seem to be the case here at all!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
i am sooooo getting a header now :lol:
Little bit of show, little bit of go.
Good to hear Mike.
The reason I was failing is because the tune makes the car too Lean. The first cat right off the block is the NOX cat and the second one is the O2 cat. So the engine was warming up creating NOX and it was just flowing right threw the O2 cat right in too the probe.
Ice cold for the Duratecs, though I am not 100% that the pretests were done on a Duratec, something is telling me that it was for a Zetec. The RPM was different on the pretests compaird to the really test.

Scorcher000 = Cheater :lol:
Focus man, Focus........ Team Psychological Disaster
2008 Taurus X to be modded.
2002 ZX5 parted out. Forever known as the "SLOCUS".

2010 Dyno #'s 102.96HP/105.84TQ
2011 Dyno #'s 111.44HP/115.17TQ
Still The Weakest LinkBlush

Dial 1-800-AUTO-PARTS for your local speed shop.