Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drl's High Beam
It was discussed in a previous forum about turning your fogs into DRL's via the 2-1 wire connections in the fuse box. I was wondering if this process is possible but to connect it into the high beam relay slot instead of the fog relay slot? Also if possible, how would it work i.e switch in off, high beams on less power. Switch to 2nd position, parking lights on, high beams on less power, etc...

P.S. I have an 03 SVT w/HID's.
Here is the topic i'm refering to: http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/lofiversi....php/t5408.html
I think that should work. I dont remember what relays are in that fuse box, if there is a relay for the highbeams, I would think it would work the same way as the fogs.

Paolo will chime in, he knows a lot more about this than me.
Yes.. Highbeam DRL's will work.. but our DRL resister is not strong enough, so you will need to find a way to lower it. if someone can chime in, I'll gladly help out with the required wiring schematics. I'm personally gonna try this when the weather warms up, since my DRF's are great ,but i want more.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Feb 3 2005, 11:41 PM Wrote:Yes.. Highbeam DRL's will work.. but our DRL resister is not strong enough, so you will need to find a way to lower it.  if someone can chime in, I'll gladly help out with the required wiring schematics.  I'm personally gonna try this when the weather warms up, since my DRF's are great ,but i want more.
[right][snapback]83285[/snapback][/right]

Yes please I would appreciate it. So it cannot be done the same way the Fog DRL's in your previous posts? By that I mean simply remove the High Beam resistor and connect the "Wire setup" to the slot in the fuse box? Hopefully there is an easy method for this to work, Paolo?
no man, you have to add an increased resister to where the factory DRL resister is, and measure the voltage, this requires trial and error. Also, the DRL wire, that is tapped into the low beam through a bridge, must be cut, and tapped into the high beam instead, this is where the schematics comes into play.
My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Feb 4 2005, 11:47 PM Wrote:no man, you have to add an increased resister to where the factory DRL resister is, and measure the voltage,  this requires trial and error.    Also, the DRL wire, that is tapped into the low beam through a bridge, must be cut, and tapped into the high beam instead,  this is where the schematics comes into play.
[right][snapback]83513[/snapback][/right]

Can you do this? If you do perhaps you can send me a step by step (with pics if possible) on how this is done? Thanks