Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dyno Numbers - Svt Focus With 6psi Jr Kit!
meister@steeda.ca,Jan 30 2005, 04:17 PM Wrote:I will have the owner chime in and the orig. dyno chart found.  I am just stating facts.

We stopped selling the JR kit because of the poorer numbers...working on a turbo (hopefully)
[right][snapback]82083[/snapback][/right]

What poorer numbers??? Every JRSC SVT dyno I have seen is at 200 whp and 155-160 tq.. What's poor about that?? Your 170 was incredibly low and something does not add up. You only brought the dyno numbers up to what everybody else is running with the black box.

You also stated the thing was "pig rich" What's that exactly?? 10:1 11:1 12:1??? Mine is steady at 12:1.. ???

Like I said I would have liked to see some 215/165 numbers.. That would be good!!!
[Image: 860doigiveadamn2yy.gif]

Prolly Is not a word
I don't know what's up with that customer's car.

I've seen two of the SVTs with JRSCs here (and have ridden in bluetoy's), and I'd say the buttdyno agrees with their real dyno numbers.

sure it was an SVT? :P

As far as the turbo thing goes, I don't imagine there'd be TONNEs of research required. There are many already well established setups for the focus you could base a kit off of.

Though I still don't see how it could be done 'cheaply' as most focus owners define 'cheap'.

Anyways, keep up the work guys, I may be still looking for something that impresses my jaded self, but not being afraid to state the numbers your getting gives me great hope.

especially since I still need a guage pod installed and some dyno time myself :P
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

And how can they be poor numbers when he started at the very low end of the scale and all you did, it seems to me , bring him up to the top end of the scale for the JRSC. The 200whp is not a marvel for the tuning you did to this car. Cam gears would have done this to the car easily. Don't start discounting the JRSC as for the daily drivers it is the backbone of our car. It is very reliable for the power boost and cost of the unit. Giving up on them is a huge mistake and will turn my tuning decision to Tom. I hope you correct this decision soon before the tuning on our car begins.

BTW our JRSC is on a ZX3 and we do consistent A/F of 13:1

TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
bluetoy,Jan 30 2005, 10:27 PM Wrote:What poorer numbers??? Every JRSC SVT dyno I have seen is at 200 whp and 155-160 tq.. What's poor about that?? Your 170 was incredibly low and something does not add up. You only brought the dyno numbers up to what everybody else is running with the black box.

You also stated the thing was "pig rich" What's that exactly?? 10:1 11:1 12:1??? Mine is steady at 12:1.. ???

Like I said I would have liked to see some 215/165 numbers.. That would be good!!!

*thumbsup* to that.

Anyone whos payed attention to anything jrsc related would know that what your saying in this thread miester is way off. You honestly gained minimal HP over the black box that we can safely say 195-200 is the average.

I hate always chiming into these threads with negative stuff, but honestly I cant sit back and have people who wouldnt know any better think your chip will make them 30whp on a svtf. Like common. Even you should know that this wasnt the case with this tune / theres something more to the story.

Impess us and hit 215whp. Or else id just have to give this a *thumbsdown*
Dan, Your friendly neighbourhood asshole. Wink
I do installs and build FG stuff, pm me if you need help with anything. Im cheap.
i think everyone here has to understand that it's "NOT" miester's tuning abilities, it's the customer's car that has the problems. there could be many factors involved in the jrcs'd svtf, but i'm sure once we see the stock dyno graph, we will know it's not the tuning. i think you guys should stop bashing on miester, i can't really say he's doing a good/bad job because we don't have the stock dyno to compare with.
Every one knows i think the jrsc sucks because of its lack of TQ and any good numbers from it

But in meisters defence the curve looks good and his tuning on this one any way looks like he is very close , It isn't his tuning that causes the lower number

All the black box addresses is the fuel if you want to call it that as boost comes up it takes the injectors to 100% duty cycle and holds them there well before it is needed in the mid range and kills what little HP it tryes to add , Im sure this is where he saw the largest gain

What the crappy black box doesn't address at all is timing , jrsc leaves the knock sensor to do there work and as your jrsc spark knocks (and it does) the knock sensor pulls the timing in the top

I would bet meister pulled about 5 to 11 Deg of timing to make his customers SVT safe that is a LOT of timing , I have found it takes that range to now rely on the knock sensor at all

As for the turbo for the SVT our kit is 5800.00 but with all the tuning that is out we know offer it with out tuning so you can get your own for 5200.00 less tuning (MIC)

Tom
^^^ if that was canadian dollars i would jump in it right away.
Yeah Tom :P

that works out close to $7300 CND for your full kit. :blink:

You should to something for your CND Customers.....haha...joke....

No but seriously, thats small downpayment on a townhouse here in Ottawa. :o I guess you gotta pay to play :unsure:
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
MAke the kit yourself people!

With that kind of money you can have a kit with standalone TUNED and cash left over.
Jays2000ZX3,Jan 31 2005, 05:17 PM Wrote:MAke the kit yourself people!

With that kind of money you can have a kit with standalone TUNED and cash left over.
[right][snapback]82256[/snapback][/right]

I'd love to if I had the time and mechnical skill/knowledge to build a reliable kit. I'm more concerned with reliability than power myself but if you know anyone who can build a reliable well engineered custom turbo kit for me for ~$4-5K let me know and I'll open up my wallet. ;)
My goodness they tax you 2000.00 on that kind of money , I thought tax here was high

Tom
rate of exchange, not taxes
TEAM PITA Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.

One day I will rule the world. For now, I have to settle for this place.
1turbofocus,Jan 31 2005, 09:06 PM Wrote:My goodness ....

[right][snapback]82350[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Yep, good ol exchange rate!
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Thanks for the reply tom...see, we can get along :D

Tom is exactly right, the stock computer calls for like 25*+ of timing at 100% load and uses IAT Temperatures based on the IAT being BEFORE the blower, and this is VERY VERY BAD.

In the tune, among many other things changed, compensating for the IAT being before the blower is done, plus I have removed about 13* of timing.

I would rather have the same numbers as you all are making and have a motor last with a proper tune.

I am basing our gains off of what we saw....plain and simple. If you made that kinda power without a tune, imagine what you could gain with one.

Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe
11.1 @ 122
550RWHP 511RWTQ SAE
Tuned by Paul Meister @ Steeda.ca
http://www.steeda.ca
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just to add, the customer asked for the safe tune... I'm certain if he had told meister to squeeze every ounce out, then the numbers would be different.

some guys just won't let you test the limits of a tune for some reason :ph34r: :P :lol:

2004 SVT 3Dr

STKVSTDA