Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wideband O2
Hoping some one can start me off on some info for wideband o2 sensors. Whats out there available for the market. What not to look at? What should I look into? brand names? ect ect. I did some searching on the net and I dont know where to start. there is so much to choose from. Not saying I plan on getting one any time soon but I just want to expand my brain a little bit since the topic came . Iys just something that has got my curisotiy.

blah i quit typing. what i get for letting girls 6 years older then me feed me drinks LOL
I have the AEM Uego gauge. tho I have yet to pick up the gauge pod to actually install the darned thing.

Hookup looks super simple. 12 v source is all you need... but it has a serial out, so I'm hooking a mini phono jack to it and cobbling together a USB-serial cable for datalogging from the gauge.

Lots of people swear by the LM-1 tho.. I just wanted a gauge type wideband.
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

I was looking at that steve on a site and it looks super neat. How much you pay for that bad boy. Are they like around $400.
The gauge cost me about $700 after all was said and done. I ordered from the states thinking I would have the right gauge pod a week later and I'm not one to wait.

And then I ended up with the wrong gauge pod, and then I tried ordering the proper one, and waited a month or two.. then got tired of waiting, so ordered it elsewhere (and came in the very next day), but then I've been working the 100 hour workweeks pretty steady since, and haven't had a chance to pick it up.

hell, I just want a weekend I can spend drunk!
Contribute to focuscanada.net's future!

Donations of $20 and over get a custom title!

research "tech edge" I bought this unit, its the best bang for the buck. I bought the top of the line unit, with optional in car gauge, it works mint. It is very resonably priced, and it does datalogging, and you can add the optional gauge to watch while driving. The gauge is a pretty basic ugly looking thing, but the unit works great. You can datalog with your air fuel ratio and I believe up to 2 additional inputs....such as rpm, speed, tp signal, maf, etc.

WB2BO was the unit I purchased.
heres the web address:

http://wbo2.com/

The prices are in AU, but canadian was somewhere around $600CAN for the kit I believe, plus the cost of the sensor(I used a bosch lsu4 from an audi TT, cost about 80 can from queensway volkswagon)

so far has worked well with the guage, and I am just starting to experiment with the datalogging.

The great thing about this company is the tech support, and the software they offer, they made it fully upgradeable, and develop new software regularly. They are even developing software for datalogging with a palm pilot, and there is future software being developed to use a gameboy advance for datalogging and display purposes. And all the software they offer is for free!!!
SVT Motor Swap into 2000 zx3 with 5spd.
14.9 @ 93MPH
"I am going to run 5's .... I am planning on installing a rocket engine!"
The palm pilot part is the big thing im after. I would like to get my Treo 600 hooked up to it..

That Tech Edge meter looks dope. Even thow alot of the features are over my head it would be a fun toy to learn..

Makes me start regretting I even bothered buying guages LOL
HAHA.. if anyone is interested in some of the stuff on wbo2.com in the diy section let me know what you are interested in and I can see what it would cost to make it for you.
I'm gonna start looking in too it next weekend.

2010 Hyundai Genesis 2.0T GT
2008 Jetta Sedan
2007 Colorado
2006 Jetta Wagon TDI (Totalled) (Monkey in the middle on 400)
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart (Totalled)
2000 ZX3 (Darknights 2nd place Focus)
Monitoring only? For the WRX I've ordered:

http://www.psi3.co.uk/products.html

I'm sure whatever ECU driver works for UK Fords is OK here. It is 1-DIN BTW. As P-51 says gauges are useless when really driving, an alarm (audible standard) and light (option) are best.
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Heard alot of the newer cars are actually coming stock with wideband o2 sensor. Wonder if the focus will ever get that?