Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check Gas-cap And Engine Lights
I recently had my "Check Gas-Cap" light come on while driving down the highway so I checked it and it was on as tight as it could be, but it stayed on. I then called my local dealer and they seemed to be aware of this problem and told me not to worry, they would change the faulty cap and rest the light next time I came in. A couple of days later the "Check Engine" light came on!! Has anyone had a similar experience and do the two lights relate to each other. My '02 wagon has less the 30000 km's on it with the only mod being a K'N Cone on the stock MAF. Thanks in advance for any input on this matter.
'02 Wagon
K&N Cone on Stock Tubing
Butchered Air-Box Bracket
Mothers Ulta High-Speed Wax
I actually had a problem where my faulty/ loose gascap caused a cel... it went away one i put some gas in too... sorta strange...
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
That is the classic DPFE symptom but your car is a 2002 so it shouldn't be a problem?
2001 Focus ZTS 2004 WRX
"I'm just here for the camping"
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=687620231
TEAM P.I.T.A. FTW!
Is your car running badly or stumbling... i didnt take mine to the dealership. until i knew it was the gascap. The code was for an evap system leak.
05 Altima SE-R
98 Grand Cherokee 5.9: Flowmaster; K&N
05 300C 5.7: Sold
99 Civic SIR: Sold
03 Focus SVT: Sold
01 Focus ZX3: Sold
2001 ZTS,Aug 27 2004, 12:22 PM Wrote:That is the classic DPFE symptom but your car is a 2002 so it shouldn't be a problem?
Just had my DPFE changed I have a 2002

Also you might have a EVAP leak because of the cap throwing a CEL.
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
Car is running normal. the dealership said that the computer should reset itself after about 15 start ups. What is a EVAP leak?
'02 Wagon
K&N Cone on Stock Tubing
Butchered Air-Box Bracket
Mothers Ulta High-Speed Wax
Mine went on this wknd, turned out it was the gas. I cheaped out on two fill-ups with bronze gas, as soon as I filled it up with 91 octane, the light went off. I guess it has a sensor or something.
2002 SVT mostly stock...K&N, KVR Carbon Fibre Brakes, Steeda Short Shifter, Steeda Carbon Fibre Dash Kit and no DAMN orange blinkers!
kasloklown,Aug 27 2004, 02:18 PM Wrote:Car is running normal. the dealership said that the computer should reset itself after about 15 start ups. What is a EVAP leak?
Evap leak is a lack of fuel pressure. Gas caps can cause that.
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
i had the same thing happen, I took it into the dealership and they said some purge thing went in my fuel pump so it set off a sensor...they replaced it under warrnty and boom she works
OFFICAL FC BABYSITTER
2001 ZTS,Aug 27 2004, 04:22 PM Wrote:That is the classic DPFE symptom but your car is a 2002 so it shouldn't be a problem?
Mine is a 2002 and I just had the DPFE sensor replaced about a month ago.

Did the 3 drive cycles (combination city and highway driving from cold start) according to the manual. Dealer told me that hardly ever works,
I also have a 2002 ZX3 and the DPFE sensor is a recall on some 02 models. I received my letter about 2 months ago.

Just go and get it changed through warranty ! :)
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)