Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When Are The 2005 Supposed To Be In The Showroom?
The dealers are starting to receive 2005s in this region, but so far everyone's hiding them in the back of their parking lots. Only 2004s in the showroom.

Is this per order from Ford, waiting for an official release date, or is it just because they're trying to sell off their 2004s (which is my theory)?
I don't know where you are located but, they've been selling the 2005's here for over a month now!!

I've seen a number on the road, mostly sedans!! A few wagons, and only 2 new hatchy's!!

The 05's are around..some dealers are probably holding off a little bit to clear inventory :)

If you want go to My Pictures and in there I got a bunch of interior and exterior shots of the 05' I took earlier this month!!
patvan,May 30 2004, 05:29 PM Wrote:The dealers are starting to receive 2005s in this region, but so far everyone's hiding them in the back of their parking lots. Only 2004s in the showroom.

Is this per order from Ford, waiting for an official release date, or is it just because they're trying to sell off their 2004s (which is my theory)?
The 2005s were released at the start of May 2004.

As many have figured, Ford's sales hasn't been terrible. Cut-throat competition and incentives have reduced profits and such. The last thing dealers need are extra 2004s on the lot when an improved (and more powerful) 2005 is there. So your theory is right.

However, those with low inventory levels are pushing them. My dealer has had them for a while...even an ST. They've been trying to get me into one...or that "slightly used SVT" :rolleyes:
Richard | Focused 24-7
2002 ZTS | Sangria Red | +400,000 km - most of it avoiding potholes 100km/h at a time

OFOC - Ontario Focus Owners Club | SVTOA-Toronto | Redline Rendezvous @ Mosport International Raceway
GapBoyPCS,May 30 2004, 06:26 PM Wrote:....My dealer has had them for a while...even an ST. They've been trying to get me into one...or that "slightly used SVT" :rolleyes:.....
Hahhaha...

good ol' Terry..pushin the iron B)
microbunny,May 30 2004, 04:34 PM Wrote:I don't know where you are located but, they've been selling the 2005's here for over a month now!!

I've seen a number on the road, mostly sedans!! A few wagons, and only 2 new hatchy's!!

The 05's are around..some dealers are probably holding off a little bit to clear inventory :)

If you want go to My Pictures and in there I got a bunch of interior and exterior shots of the 05' I took earlier this month!!
I'm in the Ottawa/Gatineau region.

Yeah, I know they've been on the lot here for 2-3 weeks, and I've seen them up close (the ST is really nice, both inside and out. Much better than the pictures), but they weren't prominently displayed or anything, and Ford's site has only recently been updated with the 2005 info for the Build & Price, so I was wondering if it was a Ford or dealer decision to keep a low profile for them 'til a (unspecified) particular date.

Thanks for the answers!
We got a blue ST (2.3) sitting here and a 2.0 Duratec sitting here to at one dealor.
There's a pair of ZX4's on the lawn of Shanahan Ford, and a sedan and a wagon in their showroom
2000 Black ZX3
Blacked Out Head & Tail lights - APC Clear Turn Signals - 20% Tint All Round - K&N Filter - Cheap ass fogs that are brighter than my headlights - Clarion DXZ745MP - Jensen XA 4100 amp on Mobile Authority 200w 6x8's - Jensen 340w amp on a 12" Rockford Sub, custom enclosure - KYB GR2 Dampers - SHM Springs @ 1.5" - Brembo Cross Drilled Rotors w/ CVR Ceramic Pads - Silver Gauge Bezel - Focus Central 2-Piece Under Drive Pullies - 17 x 7 Rims by Fast Wheels mounted on 215/40/17's - Wings West W-Typ front lip - Coming Soon: Paint, Component Speakers (Spring 06)
Saw an '05 wagon at the airport last week. Didn't mention it because really, who cares....
Saw a couple 05 ST's in downtown TO last week.
2005 Mazda3 Sport GT - Winning Blue Mica
2001 Focus ZTS - CD Silver (Sold)