Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speedhut Gauges
Hey guys. I just needed some help here.

I have a 2002 ZX3 and I want to know which fuse to wire the speedhut gauges into so that they will work when I turn on my driving lights.

Right now, I turn my dial all the way over and my lights + insturment cluster lights up (needles + tripometer screen, the little green one) my cluster underneath would also come on.

I want my speedhut gauges to come on when I turn this dial. Which fuse is it?

Right now I have them hooked into a seperate switch that controls my A/C vent LEDS. its a pain to have to flip two switches every time.
Run your car, not your mouth
I think the fuse I used was 57 lol i dunno its 3am and im super tired. I will check my tommorow and include a nice picture of my panel. :D
Check the picture on the inside of the fusepanel cover, and doublecheck with your owners manual. You have to wire them to either the left side lights or the right side lights.. on Bort's 2002 it was on the bottom row, pretty sure it was 57 or 58 or something.
http://www.jwardell.com/focus/index.html

this guy set me straight with this setup.....
CD silver 03zx5,wings west type w, hella projectors,painted SVt upper grill, Grillcraft lower grill,clear corners,clear upper brake light, team dynamic 15 spoke x 17" rims,Kumho 712's 215/40,pacesetter header,magnaflow cat back,FC 65mm tb,RactiveCAI,MSD dis2 ignition,Tayler Vertex wires,SHM udp,Ractive upper strut tower brace,FK hitec suspension with springs/dampers-35/40 drop,Eibach front/rear anti sway bars,Steeda short throw shifter,Momo race air leather knob and e-brake handle,custom fiberglass upper dash with AC el -glow oil pressure/volt gauges,el-glow face gauges
I used fuse 57 and it worked! Thanks guys!
That's the writeup that I used at a reference, dad. It's great and really shows you what you need to do, but I think the fuse numbers changed for different years of production, for some reason.
It has, I tried using 47 and it no workie.
Yup 57 is it...I tried taking a pic but my cam is facked..
It is YOU who is facked sir.
Yeah, well it's kind of hard to mess it up when there's a pictoral legend on the back of the fuse panel, and you can double check that with your owners manual for the complete description.

That how-to has thrown a lot of people off, since you dont really expect Ford to change the fuse locations between the redesigns.
What side of the fuse are you guys taping into? there is a HOT side of the fuse, and the Ground side.
My other ride is your Mom
Top. :D
I got this "Add-a-Circuit" thing from CanTire, it plugs into the fuse slot, and you plug 2 fuses into it.. Works pretty well, except when you put it in upside down and it doesnt work at all.. then you wonder why your gauges aren't working :)
I've seen those add-a-curcuit things, those are cool. I used them when I added fog lights to my parents jetta.
My other ride is your Mom

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speedhut Gauges In! PerfectSaiyan 15 5,216 05-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Last Post: Peterbilt
  Speedhut Gauges smith21 8 2,313 04-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Zoom