Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxygen Sensors
is there anyone who can replace oxygen sensors for me??
it is zetec but with svt exhaust setup..
to get access to the oxygen sensors, have to take cat out..
i do not have jack to safely put up my car..

can anyone do this for me??
i can get you a pack of beer??
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
I have the same setup. It is not that hard to replace the O2 sensors. You don't need to remove the cat. Depending on what cat you have, you may need a special O2 socket that has a cutout to accomodate the wire. On the stock zetec cat (non SVT) there is not much room for a wrench, so this special socket is needed. On my RT cat I just used a regular wrench.

Which cat do have?

I have something similar to this:

[Image: 152127.jpg]

You can see on the RT cat that there is ample room to access the O2 connections.
(thanks to mpcv2000 for the nice pic. Happy BD mpcv2000 BTW)
vintage 2000 malibu blue ZX3 ***SOLD***
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
douse that thing in liquid wrench if its rusted like mine was. Even with the cat off, the o2 sensor was a huge PITA for me to remove. i think I used a torque bar to get it off. lol
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
svt cat is what i have, so it is difficult to access..
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
can anyone do this for me plz?
I can help you, if you don't mind driving up to Maple (Canada's Wonderland) and picking up one of these:

[Image: o2socket.jpg]
02 sensor socket - should be less than $20

The soonest time that I have available is Sunday after 5pm.
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.
I can help also, if you want to drive to Oshawa. Pickup your door skins at the same time.
dBlast,Apr 2 2009, 03:00 AM Wrote:I can help you, if you don't mind driving up to Maple (Canada's Wonderland) and picking up one of these:

[Image: o2socket.jpg]
02 sensor socket - should be less than $20

The soonest time that I have available is Sunday after 5pm.
[right][snapback]284063[/snapback][/right]

ouch.i have to get that one??hmm..
hardk0re,Apr 2 2009, 04:33 AM Wrote:I can help also, if you want to drive to Oshawa.  Pickup your door skins at the same time.
[right][snapback]284065[/snapback][/right]

oh yeah i almost forgot

i pm'd you
ouch? Its $20 bones and an excuse to add another tool to the box. ;)
[Image: ncclogo.jpg]
Flofocus,Apr 2 2009, 01:02 PM Wrote:ouch?  Its $20 bones and an excuse to add another tool to the box. ;)
[right][snapback]284096[/snapback][/right]

I would pick it up myself, but my girls are in a big figure skating show (3 shows) this weekend and there are practices and dress rehersals every night this week. I don't have an hour to spare until it's over Sunday afternoon.

The tool would make it much easier becuase I do remember having a hell of time getting the original O2 sensors out of the stock cat.
2013 performance blue ST

TEAM P.I.T.A.