Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dead Rotor
I killed my rotors and I buying new ones this friday, BAT have a good price; EBC slotted rotors/ mintex a/f pads for $169us. Any one know a better price out there?
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
euro,Mar 30 2004, 09:22 AM Wrote:I killed my rotors and I buying new ones this friday, BAT have a good price; EBC slotted rotors/ mintex a/f pads for $169us. Any one know a better price out there?
How much do stock rotors usually cost? jsut for comparison
ZX3T gone..
I just bought the EBC Rotors and they are sweet. I got the "Green Stuff" brake pads for all around driving but I'd recommend getting the "Red Stuff" pads for any type of racing application.

I've heard nothing but good things about EBC so... the choice is up to you. It depends on how crazy you want to go. You could go with a "Big" brake upgrade but I don't think you'd want to spend like 1000$+ just on the front.

Steeda,
14.5@93 (ZEX Wet 55Shot)
i think brembo blanks are like 100usd and hawk hps are like 55usd

personally.. i think

blanks > slotted/drilled/dimpled/crap

hawk > ebc
I would think redstuff pads would eat rotors like crazy. I'd prefer changing pads to doing a complete brake job every year. Therefore... I would go for good street pads that show little dust. Greenstuff or Mintex.
SCT Inside
naz,Apr 3 2004, 02:18 AM Wrote:i think brembo blanks are like 100usd and hawk hps are like 55usd

personally.. i think

blanks > slotted/drilled/dimpled/crap

hawk > ebc
Actually I thought it was proven that the sloted ones work for the focus brakes real well but the crossdrilled ones were just a qimick.
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
go to altrom canada and buy some brembo blanks for 90$ canadian. they sell performance pads for like 25$ canadian too, all in all with tax should run you around 130$ canadian for brembo blank and good pads.

Altrom is the shiznit to save loot. :)
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
Slotted eat pads!

-P@
I Vtec
To be honest with you .... the stock ones are actually good ones I would stick with those :)
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
I am with PAPA he knows ALOT so what he says goes :)
[center]TEAM PITA™ Don't settle for a wannabe, only accept the real deal.[/center]
DD1,Apr 5 2004, 08:24 PM Wrote:I am with PAPA he knows ALOT so what he says goes :)
Wow you sound like my wife :D
Official s**t Disturber of Focuscanada.net!!!

PROUD FOUNDER of the Groß Oberlippenbart Klub
french_connection,Apr 3 2004, 04:30 PM Wrote:go to altrom canada and buy some brembo blanks for 90$ canadian. they sell performance pads for like 25$ canadian too, all in all with tax should run you around 130$ canadian for brembo blank and good pads.

Altrom is the shiznit to save loot. :)
do I need to quote myself on this... hello, brembo blanks are very nice rotors...

altromcanada common guys.... :o
------------------------------------------------
-1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R
-2002 Red SVT focus # 2262 - sold
-2000 silver ZX3 - sold
french_connection,Apr 6 2004, 08:26 PM Wrote:
french_connection,Apr 3 2004, 04:30 PM Wrote:go to altrom canada and buy some brembo blanks for 90$ canadian. they sell performance pads for like 25$ canadian too, all in all with tax should run you around 130$ canadian for brembo blank and good pads.

Altrom is the shiznit to save loot.  :)
do I need to quote myself on this... hello, brembo blanks are very nice rotors...

altromcanada common guys.... :o
No I'll quote you marc....

Hes right Altrom is the bomb... The last Brembo's I bought came from Altrom. Dirt Cheap!!
-P@

I Vtec
D-Dub,Apr 3 2004, 05: Wrote:Actually I thought it was proven that the sloted ones work for the focus brakes real well but the crossdrilled ones were just a qimick.
can you please post the link to that tech? i am curious to have a read.

EDIT: i should mention that the only reason i went with brembo blank rotors is that they were cheaper than what the dealer wanted for the OEM stuff (they are probably the same thing anyway haha) and the only reason i went with the hawk hps pads is because they dust less than OEM stuff

the OEM pads and rotors ARE good stuff...
you know where to go the enemy site
I drive a 2010 Golf that growls at people when it goes over 3000rpm.
Got powerslot rotors and hawk autocross pads on the way, $101 per rotor, and $128 for the racing pads, all Canadian prices!
Civic's sucks!

SEX is like math: add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs, and pray you don't multiply!
lordkingod,Apr 6 2004, 01:12 AM Wrote:Slotted eat pads!

-P@
I have over 60k km with my slotted rotor and mintex pad. My pad still have at least 50% left...
2000 ZX3: KW coil-over/IceMan/FC UPD/Megaflow cat-back /energy bushing all over/Ported TB/home make ground wires

260000km and counting.....