Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FSwerks tune!
Well, I had some extra cash from a nice paycheck so I decided to grab a tune from Randy at FSWerks to see if it was any better than Toms. Don't get me wrong, after all the revisions Tom did for me (12 in total), the car was pretty decent and the AFR was bang on. So I said to myself, how much really can the tune change? How different really would it make my car feel, am I wasting money on this?

Well let met tell you it was worth every penny. Randy's 1st revision was pretty much bang on despite my AFR being off a little which he is working with me to correct. The car manages power at all RPM's WAY better. For instance when I give it a bit of gas to downshift, but not enough to go WOT, it drops to a better RPM range where I can produce better power. It picks up a lot better. The shifts are nice and firm. (I have an ATX)

Now I really see that Tom's tune made my car a bit sluggish and sometimes the shifts were odd.. I also noticed my AFR would fluctuate more with his tune. With Randy's it stays dead on to a point. I think his knowledge with the newer Foci (fly-by-wire) is much better.

I never doubted Randy's tunes at all, I knew they were quality. I was being a bit cheap when I purchased Tom's tune because I didn't have to pay for the tune where Randy I would have had to pay an extra 35. (When I look back this is pretty stupid since I've already spent so much, what's an extra 35?)

All in all, I'm very happy with it. I'm not going to sit here and say I gained 10HP or something, but the overall driveability of the car is much improved. I can't wait to take it to the dyno and see the difference!
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
How does your car run on cold starts? My cars with randys tune always ran like #$#$#$.. no idea why, once they are warm they run amazing.
Yeah, I noticed my idle was a bit funky when it was cold, going over 1000 sometimes, AFR gauge hitting at 13.x for some reason then regulating itself lol
But once I take off it's fine.
2009 Focus SES Black Sedan Mods:

FSWerks CAI / F2 Header (non-fouler mod) custom flex / 2.5" FSwerks Stealth Stainless exhaust / FSWerks X3 tune / Autolite 104's / Steeda Strut Tower Bar / FRPP 1.5" drop / FSWerks FLS Bar / H&R 24mm RSB / MOOG endlinks / AEM wideband AFR gauge / 8000K HID Bi-xenon 55W / Tint / 17" Ford Racing Rally Wheels in Black / Coupe tails / Black grille

124whp/129wtq
i have the same issues with cold starts. at the moment if i start my car up and try to go, ill bog for 10 seconds and then go. once the car has been running for 30 seconds or more tho, it is absolutely mint, not to mention better on the car letting it warm up to operating temp. its just when your in a rush and have to hop in and go that you run into the issue. im sure if you raised the question to him via pm, email or phone call he would have it resolved, but personally i dont really care. ill be getting more tuning done in the spring so ill wait until then. i never officially even finished tuning with him i just got to a point where the car ran mint and wanted to drive it and was having issues with live link at the time.

on thing i have to say is, randy is very good at what he does. my car n/a had a wiked tune from day 1 and currently boosted it is just as good if not better. i was so happy with his customer service through the issues with my car during tuning i even dropped him an extra 100$ tip to show my appreciation. hes a great tuner and is very patient with you. i would never pay anyone else to tune my car unless he couldnt tune it
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily