Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new here
Wink 
Hello everyone, my name is david n I was referred here by someone I no who works at ford. I drive a 09 focus ses zx4...LOVE it! Had a 05 focus b4. Don't no what else to write, but could use some help on my just installed angel eyes. How do I remove the day time running lights, and allow the selector switch to use the damn driving lights. If u can get what I'm saying.
(11-17-2010, 04:13 AM)DMac1988 Wrote: Hello everyone, my name is david n I was referred here by someone I no who works at ford. I drive a 09 focus ses zx4...LOVE it! Had a 05 focus b4. Don't no what else to write, but could use some help on my just installed angel eyes. How do I remove the day time running lights, and allow the selector switch to use the damn driving lights. If u can get what I'm saying.

Welcome David - lots of Ford employees and other people associated with Ford on this site.

On early Foci it was easy to disable the DRL by simply removing the relay in the power distribution box (under the hood) ... others changed their system so the DRLs power the fog lights instead, and there is a very simple modification to do that.

But IIRC that mod doesn't work on 09s and up because Ford changed the system and the relay is no longer accessible. Nor is there any fuse available to simply pull.

Unless you're prepared to hack the wiring on your car, I don't believe there is any way to disable or redirect the DRL on your car.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
Damn really! Anyway to find out...a way to do it...someone must know a way!!!
Hey good to see you joined the site.
PPSSSSSSSSSTTTTT......CHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

2000 Black zx3-daily driver> Stealth bomber
custom "bigman" turbo, all Black everything, SVT blue interior,
SVT suspension, Magnaflow exhaust, AEM gauges
2000 Yellow ZX3...stock with MRBP exhaust...
1979 Mercury Capri 5.0 swap (work in progress)
2002 focus SE-wrecked/scraped/parted out RIP
1993 Vw Passat 1.9L tdi...das diesel sipper sold parted RIP
1993 mazda B2600 4x4 POS, parted, rusted to pieces
1990 Toyota 4runner 4x4 mud beast
Gonna butt in here, Where is the how to on making the fogs the drl's. That sounds badass.
2006 Focus ZX3/svt wannabe-Pitch Black
2008 Focus SES Sedan/grocery getter-Vista Blue