Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
datalogging sct x3
is there anyone using sct x3??
will there be a problem if i use netbook to do datalog?
fswerks is telling me to use something different.
they are saying netbook are too weak and make the data very blocky and not very useful.

mine is brand new netbook, intel atom n455, 1.66ghz, 1gb ram, 250gb hard drive. not the best one out there but i think it is good enough to run 1 livelink software.

what do you all think?
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
[Image: banner_468x60_zps1c433cb9.gif]
info@motormaniac.ca | 905.508.3737
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
(08-18-2011, 08:48 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: is there anyone using sct x3??
will there be a problem if i use netbook to do datalog?
fswerks is telling me to use something different.
they are saying netbook are too weak and make the data very blocky and not very useful.

mine is brand new netbook, intel atom n455, 1.66ghz, 1gb ram, 250gb hard drive. not the best one out there but i think it is good enough to run 1 livelink software.

what do you all think?

If you haven't already, give Randy the specs on your netbook ... but in any event take whatever advice he gives you. Your tune is not the place to be overthinking the expert. Also: it's probably the OS that's the issue.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
i havent told him spec yet, and it is using window 7 32 bit.
BLACKBOX(DASHCAM) | LED | HID | REMOTE STARTER + SECURITY | 12 VOLT ACCESSORIES | CAR ENTERTAINMENT | PERFORMANCE UPGRADE | MAINTENANCE REPAIR
If you are calling after hours, please leave a pm or detailed voice mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Windows 7 on 1gb of ram = laggy. I wouldn't use windows 7 with anything less than 3gb to 4gb of ram.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
oh yeah?
my desktop is 7 64bit 6gb ram in it, never tried on 1gb ram...

should i try datalog my stock focus and see if it lags or not?
I think you'll be fine, biggest issues I had was getting the drivers/software to play nice under windows 7. iirc my old laptop I datalogged with had similar specs and I datalogged fine.
(08-18-2011, 01:03 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: oh yeah?
my desktop is 7 64bit 6gb ram in it, never tried on 1gb ram...

should i try datalog my stock focus and see if it lags or not?

The minimum requirements for windows 7 32bit is 1gb. Trust me I wouldn't even run XP on that much. Get at least another 1gb stick or put in a 2gb one.

FYI Win 7 64bit is min 2gb of ram.
Sold:2001 SE 2.0L SPI w/60mm TB, Steeda Shorty Intake.

Active: 2007 SES Hatch, Motegi MR7 Rims with 215/45ZR17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires, debadged, black painted calipers and drums, RS Knob, CFM Short Throw, Billet E-Brake, CFM Focus pedals, MBRP Exhaust, XCal2, FS Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars, Diamond Plate Floor Mats and Sills, Alpine MP3 Deck, Alpine V-Power 300w Amp, Pioneer IMPP Sub, AlpineType-S door speakers, VF Engineering Rear Motor Mount, F2 RS Spoiler, Tokico D-spec shocks, HTP Cross Brace, EBC Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Russell SS Brake Lines, RS Wheel, SVT Blue Seats, Vibrant 2.5" Race Highflow Cat, CFM UDP. Rear SVT bumper to come.

Active: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TJ [LJ], Volant CAI, 32" BFG Mud Terrains, and a whole bunch of goodies. Big Grin
i uses a netbook to do all my datalogging although im running windows XP.. mines perfect
2000 dark violet pearl zx3: eagle rods, je pistons, fidanza cam gears, arp studs, ford racing highlift valve springs, svt front/rear disc conversion, prothane total kit, fc 65mm throttle body Tial gt3071r, tial mvs wastegate, tial Q bov, top speed "street" manifold,down pipe and dump tube, greddy boost controller, siemens deka #61 injectorz, stage 4 bully clutch way to much more to list
Instagram @o_so_slo
i gotta ask my buddy to rent me a notebook just in case my netbook is lagging.
use a real laptop. even my laptop drags down really slow w/ live link and xp, i doubt with windows 7 and live link on a netbook it will be smooth. USE A NOTE BOOK!!!
2007 ZX4 2.0l unaturally aspirated
FSwerks stage 2 Turbo kit, Cosworth Intake Manifold, 3" custom HKS turbo back
regular stage 2 @10ps : 232whp/219wtq
stage 2 plus @ 13psi: 278whp/229wtq
Stage 2 plus @15psi: 296whp/240wtq

2013 Focus ST Tuxedo Black - The daily
does anybody know what is recommened system requirements?
i enailed sct directly and they dont know what they are answering to, copying and pasting instruction is all they did..
i called them, they dont know.

i guess window xp with 4 gb ram to do its job?
(08-19-2011, 05:33 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: does anybody know what is recommened system requirements?
i enailed sct directly and they dont know what they are answering to, copying and pasting instruction is all they did..
i called them, they dont know.

i guess window xp with 4 gb ram to do its job?

Wouldn't Randy be the right guy to ask since you're paying him to do the tune?
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
he didnt know the spec what i need, he just said laptop.
aww..nobody has a good laptop i can borrow..
i am going to return my netbook i bought a week ago and pay another $380 and buy quad core instead.
HP Pavilion g4-1164ca
this
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/h...b517c2en02
.." pay another $380"? you got your netbook for 70 dollars?

no that price went down by midnight yesterday. it was 569
ended up buy different one
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/h...451752en02