Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fiat Bying Into Chrysler
Heard this moring on CP24 that FIAT had bought 35% of Chrysler and are planning on bring some of their Italian ponies over here.
Hurray for me because I'm tired of these idoits testing the 300's, Magnums and Chargers down my street. Finally something different to look at.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

Dear god I hope they've learned their lessons from the last time they sold cars over here :ph34r:

Here's a hint FIAT, we have this thing called &quot;snow&quot; in Canada that they use something called &quot;salt&quot; to deal with and that salt tends to be corrosive on untreated metal &lt;_&lt;

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 20 2009, 04:01 PM Wrote:Dear god I hope they've learned their lessons from the last time they sold cars over here :ph34r:

Here's a hint FIAT, we have this thing called &quot;snow&quot; in Canada that they use something called &quot;salt&quot; to deal with and that salt tends to be corrosive on untreated metal &lt;_&lt;

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]279886[/snapback][/right]

OMG thats funny, I nearly inhaled my cig whole laughing at that one :lol:
Wagon #1- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - Accident (Pillar Damage) Being transplanted into Wagon 2
Wagon #2- 01 SE Zetec Wagon (Harvest Gold) - (Being Parted) New Body for Wagon 1
Wagon #3- 02 SE Zetec Wagon (Twilight Blue)
Just spray it down daily with oil... problem solved. ;)

I think all those Viper drivers just shat themselves a tad. :o :lol: :lol:
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
Will I be able to buy my Ferrari from a Chrysler dealer?
Proud member of the CDan nation.
2000 White ZTS: retired
2012 Frosted Glass SEL: active
K&N Filter.....
Not to worry, my dad had a Fiat back in the 70's the era I was born in. It survived so it should survive here if daimler chrystler and fiat joint venture goes forward.

My other ride is your Mom
paolo,Jan 21 2009, 05:15 PM Wrote:Not to worry, my dad had a Fiat back in the 70's the era I was born in.&nbsp; It survived so it should survive here if daimler chrystler and fiat joint venture goes forward.
[right][snapback]279945[/snapback][/right]

Man what FIAT are you talking about? Last ones they sold here disintegrated like wet paper after a few winters if you didn't treat them yourself (The frames esp.)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 21 2009, 07:58 PM Wrote:
paolo,Jan 21 2009, 05:15 PM Wrote:Not to worry, my dad had a Fiat back in the 70's the era I was born in.  It survived so it should survive here if daimler chrystler and fiat joint venture goes forward.
[right][snapback]279945[/snapback][/right]

Man what FIAT are you talking about? Last ones they sold here disintegrated like wet paper after a few winters if you didn't treat them yourself (The frames esp.)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]279970[/snapback][/right]

My most vivid memory of living in Mississauga was my best friend's Dad constantly working on Fiats and Ladas (mid 80s).
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
The agreement involves two new minicars (A-segment) that share the same platform. The first is the aforementioned Fiat 500 and the second, a five-door hatchback based on the Fiat Panda, will likely be badged as a Chrysler or Dodge. This should help both automakers with the 2011 U.S. fuel economy standards and give Chrysler a serious sub-compact offering.

Moving up to the B segment, Chrysler could get the next generation Fiat Grande Punto, Alfa could begin selling the MiTo and the same platform could be used to create a small crossover for Chrysler. There's also talk of Chrysler being afforded access to Fiat's 1.4- and 1.8-liter four-cylinder direct-injection engines. Chrysler could produce both at one of its own factories, likely in turbocharged guise at its Dundee, Michigan plant, but a source indicates that Chrysler is only interested in the 1.4-liter variant.

On the mid-size front, Chrysler – which is in desperate need of both C- and D-segment models to replace the Caliber/Compass and Sebring/Avenger, respectively – could utilize Fiat's new C-Evo architecture to create a new sedan and a more respectable compact car. The C-Evo underpinnings will be used first on the Alfa Romeo 147 replacement, currently codenamed project 940, which takes some stylistic cues from the 8C Competitizione.

And what's Fiat get out of all this? An inexpensive entry into the North American market, manufacturing capacity and a sizeable distribution network. And if you think Chrysler is getting all the goods, Fiat plans to distribute the Dodge Journey and Dakota pickup in South America, and will be able to utilize Chrysler's new Phoenix V6 in its own line of products. Not quite balanced, but hardly a bad deal.
DruZX3 You Tube Page
My Rides on Car Domain

2001 Ford Focus ZX3 - Daily Driver
2008 Lincoln MKX Limited Edition - Grocery Getter
2007 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Rode and Sold
2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade - Offroaded and Sold
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X - R.I.P. Electrical Fire
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 - Traded in Now DrunkinMonkeys Car
2003 Ford Taurus Wagon - Inherited Drove and Sold
2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Turbo - Award Winning 336 WHP - Parted and Scraped
1990 Ford Festiva - My 1st Car

[Image: ZX3PixelCarEngineVIEW.png]
ZX3_2NV,Jan 26 2009, 04:31 PM Wrote:The agreement involves two new minicars (A-segment) that share the same platform. The first is the aforementioned Fiat 500 and the second, a five-door hatchback based on the Fiat Panda, will likely be badged as a Chrysler or Dodge. This should help both automakers with the 2011 U.S. fuel economy standards and give Chrysler a serious sub-compact offering.[right][snapback]280207[/snapback][/right]
This is both interesting and ironic considering that the new Ford Ka is also based on the Fiat 500.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chrysler/fiat Update: 2001 ZTS 9 3,474 06-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Last Post: 2001 ZTS
  Chrysler Recalls Chrysler 300,charger, Magnum Etc. Frost__2001 6 2,950 05-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Last Post: scoobasteve