Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steeda Goodies Finally Arrived
Now that I've owned the Fusion for 7 months, the mod bug chomped on my wallet again and thanks to Steeda the madness begins anew :D

First off, something to deal with the chassis flex and help the handling & ride

(1) Steeda Chrome Moly Strut Tower Brace

[Image: stb_550.jpg]

Second something to deal with the "snorkel in the engine bay" designed to deaden the sound at WOT

[Image: silender_delete_fusion_150.jpg]

(1) Steeda Resonator Delete kit with FUSION script

Last, but certainly not least, something to take the Duratec 3.0 to the next level without completely voiding the engine warranty :P

[Image: fusion_cai_md.jpg]

(1) Steeda Short Ram Air Intake kit for V6 Fusions, combined with a tune once installed and in theory Steeda claims gains of up to thirty HP

Now I just need help installing all these goodies and that includes a warm place to work. None of them require serious tools, but while I think I could handle the strut tower and maybe the resonator delete, the SRI kit is over my head :ph34r:

Help?

NefCanuck
good units Dan
im in markham, have all the tools needed.
you're more then welcome to stop by

are they sure that intake gives 30hp? (i guess that tune really works)
2002 Ford Focus ZTS (Gave it away)
125whp/129wtq
2006 Subaru Impreza WRX with JDM 6 speed
207whp/273wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 2)13.9@99mph
320whp/330wtq Innovative tuned on Mustang dyno (Stage 3)
352whp/360wtq Dynojet
13.3@106mph
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
2008 Honda CBR600RR "Silver Bullet" R.I.P.
2009 Honda CBR600RR "To Punish & Enslave"
2001 Honda CBR F4i Stunt bike "Burn the Rubber, not your soul"
2013 China 90cc dirt bike
Thats pretty cool buddy. Well if the weather is good and ppl decide to show to the meet Then I can bring some tools and we can do surgery to the beast.
Currently - 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 4X4 Work Truck. Needs a Super Charger
2012 F150 Eco Boost Work Truck < Died several times and now it's some farmer problem.
No Longer Sleeping/In Surgery Having A Heart Transplant - 2005 Focus ZX5 Sonic Blue Modified
Sold - 1992 Astro Van CS Sky Blue Stock
Sold - 1994 Excel 2DR HB Teal First Car

mmm... Yummy!
Ryan and the Silver Sedan
++++++++++++++++++++++++
2008 Mazda5 GS/Copper Red Mica/2.3 MZR 5AT/22% Tint
[Image: 49951.png]
2011 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew/Race Red/3.5 TT EcoBoost
Nice toys, congrats.
Good to see that someone on here is modding a Fusion...

I've done some upgrades to my Escape recently...100% synthetic engine oil, K&amp;N panel filter, and my new Bridgestone tires.

What's next for you and your car?

I'm going to put either HID lighting on my Escape, or I'm going to get the Magnaflow exhaust they have for them. I was looking at getting some headers (and yes, there are a couple of companies that make them for the 3.0L in the 01-07 models), but I think they would be too loud. I think that the Magnaflow will be good enough, and it will actually make 'scape sound more like a Taurus SHO or SVT Contour...

L8tz
Bleeding Ford Blue again...
Drivesthebeast,Nov 15 2008, 02:57 PM Wrote:Good to see that someone on here is modding a Fusion...

I've done some upgrades to my Escape recently...100% synthetic engine oil, K&amp;N panel filter, and my new Bridgestone tires.

What's next for you and your car?&nbsp;

I'm going to put either HID lighting on my Escape, or I'm going to get the Magnaflow exhaust they have for them.&nbsp; I was looking at getting some headers (and yes, there are a couple of companies that make them for the 3.0L in the 01-07 models), but I think they would be too loud.&nbsp; I think that the Magnaflow will be good enough, and it will actually make 'scape sound more like a Taurus SHO or SVT Contour...

L8tz
[right][snapback]276495[/snapback][/right]
Great idea on the exhaust ... I had a magnaflow on my V6 Mystique and the sound was frankly awesome - sounded very much like a V12 - just loud enough to be enjoyable, quiet enough to make cruising comfortable - I would think the effect on the 3.0 would be very much the same.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
I like the Magnaflow idea, too. Let me know how you do Jamie!

Dan - can I get a shot of the Fusion engine bay when you do your install? I want to see if I can jury-rig the Fusion intake to work for the Escape, considering that they have the same motor and such.

Thanks

Adam
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.
NOS2Go4Me,Nov 15 2008, 03:03 PM Wrote:I like the Magnaflow idea, too. Let me know how you do Jamie!

Dan - can I get a shot of the Fusion engine bay when you do your install? I want to see if I can jury-rig the Fusion intake to work for the Escape, considering that they have the same motor and such.

Thanks

Adam
[right][snapback]276501[/snapback][/right]

No problem Adam, only issue in the Escape may be the mounting points for the shield may be missing (Not that you need it necessarily, depends where the Escape pulls in air from the outside)

NefCanuck
Drivesthebeast,Nov 15 2008, 01:57 PM Wrote:Good to see that someone on here is modding a Fusion...

What's next for you and your car?&nbsp;

I'm going to put either HID lighting on my Escape, or I'm going to get the Magnaflow exhaust they have for them.&nbsp; I was looking at getting some headers (and yes, there are a couple of companies that make them for the 3.0L in the 01-07 models), but I think they would be too loud.&nbsp; I think that the Magnaflow will be good enough, and it will actually make 'scape sound more like a Taurus SHO or SVT Contour...

L8tz
[right][snapback]276495[/snapback][/right]

In terms of what's next, I'm definitely looking at a bodykit, 3D Carbon makes a nice one (Not too over the top, but it does tidy up the car nicely)

Also looking at deleting the chrome on the front end, but here I'm not sure which way I want to go, either buying the SAP grille parts and installing those, or getting another stock Fusion grille and having it painted body colour. Right now leaning towards the SAP grille option because even paying for the install it would be cheaper and less costly to maintain than the painted grille)

Wheels are also high on my list, I want black wheels to go with the car (I'll likely stick to 17&quot;s, I like my ride comfort too much :P)

I want to do an exhaust, but this is another tricky ara, no one does the AWD exhaust at all. If I get something done it would have to be custom made and I'd probably hit up MBRP and pay them to do it as the MBRP sound is something I really miss from the Focus.

Get all that done and then short of somehow shoehorning a 427 motor in there I'm done :P :D

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 15 2008, 05:07 PM Wrote:In terms of what's next, I'm definitely looking at a bodykit, 3D Carbon makes a nice one (Not too over the top, but it does tidy up the car nicely)

Also looking at deleting the chrome on the front end, but here I'm not sure which way I want to go, either buying the SAP grille parts and installing those, or getting another stock Fusion grille and having it painted body colour.&nbsp; Right now leaning towards the SAP grille option because even paying for the install it would be cheaper and less costly to maintain than the painted grille)

Wheels are also high on my list, I want black wheels to go with the car (I'll likely stick to 17&quot;s, I like my ride comfort too much :P)

I want to do an exhaust, but this is another tricky ara, no one does the AWD exhaust at all.&nbsp; If I get something done it would have to be custom made and I'd probably hit up MBRP and pay them to do it as the MBRP sound is something I really miss from the Focus.

Get all that done and then short of somehow shoehorning a 427 motor in there I'm done :P :D

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]276504[/snapback][/right]
In looking up stuff for other folks I've come to realize that parts are generally more expensive for the Fusion then they are for the Focus - even parts that for you might think should be similar.

Not to put a damper on your plans but the black/chrome grill is almost 3.5 times the cost of the regular chrome one (at least from my source) - so I would expect it to be the same up here.

There's a niche car manufacturer out there (forget the name) that uses a twin-turbo version of the Duratec30 for their sports car and IIRC it puts out more power than a 427 - so all it takes really is money.
2008 Fusion SEL MTX - DD1 * 2009 Fusion SEL - DD2 * 2007 Focus ZXW - R*I*P * 2004 Focus ZTW CD Silver - sold * 2004 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2003 Focus ZTW Black - sold * 2001 Focus ZTW Gold - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Black - sold * 2000 Focus SE Wagon (ZTW option) - Gold R*I*P

2003 Focus ZX5 infra-red Track Rat - R*I*P
2003 ZX5 CD Silver Track Rat - retired, but still in the driveway

New track rat: 2000 ZX3, Atlantic Blue * JRSC with lots more to come

* New Zetec crate motor - NFG - thanks Topspeed *
ZTWsquared,Nov 16 2008, 09:45 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Nov 15 2008, 05:07 PM Wrote:In terms of what's next, I'm definitely looking at a bodykit, 3D Carbon makes a nice one (Not too over the top, but it does tidy up the car nicely)

Also looking at deleting the chrome on the front end, but here I'm not sure which way I want to go, either buying the SAP grille parts and installing those, or getting another stock Fusion grille and having it painted body colour.  Right now leaning towards the SAP grille option because even paying for the install it would be cheaper and less costly to maintain than the painted grille)

I want to do an exhaust, but this is another tricky ara, no one does the AWD exhaust at all.  If I get something done it would have to be custom made and I'd probably hit up MBRP and pay them to do it as the MBRP sound is something I really miss from the Focus.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]276504[/snapback][/right]
In looking up stuff for other folks I've come to realize that parts are generally more expensive for the Fusion then they are for the Focus - even parts that for you might think should be similar.

Not to put a damper on your plans but the black/chrome grill is almost 3.5 times the cost of the regular chrome one (at least from my source) - so I would expect it to be the same up here.

There's a niche car manufacturer out there (forget the name) that uses a twin-turbo version of the Duratec30 for their sports car and IIRC it puts out more power than a 427 - so all it takes really is money.
[right][snapback]276576[/snapback][/right]

Yes, the Fusion has more expensive parts, I put that down to a number of things including fewer sales than the Focus which limits the market for parts and lack of commonality amongst the rest of the Ford line (Other than the Mustang wheels, the Fusion, due to its Mazda heritage, is a bit of an odd duck in the Ford lineup parts wise for goodies, though Steeda is certainly trying to help.

As to the grille issue, I know the SAP grille is pricey, but prep and painting a stock grille setup is at best a wash in comparison (At least the bodyshops I checked who would even take on such an oddball project)

It just strikes me that if I'm going to the expense of a bodykit, I should tackle the grille at the same time :unsure:

NefCanuck
I know im kind of late, but I have an 06 Escape and tried putting an HID kit in and was unsuccessful...because of their DRL's, you can't put the kit in, its not a quick fix like pulling a fuse or anything, had some trouble and eventually gave up after trying to do all ways possible. Maybe just got lazy but I'd say look into it more and make sure its possible on your year Escape before wasting money on the kit like I did :)
Sean- 1998.5 Black/Blue CSVT #5906

I think you're talking to me :)

I have a 2008 Escape, but without DRLs - it's a USDM truck.

So, I'm just waiting for the right kit, some time and the justification for the cost.

Right now, with Christmas coming... I can't justify it :P
Daily driver 1: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport "S"

33" BFG Mud-Terrain KM2s, lots of Rough Country gear - bumper, 2.5" lift, swaybar disconnects, Superwinch 10,000lb winch, Detroit Locker in rear D44 axle, custom exhaust, K+N filtercharger, Superchips-tuned.

Daily driver 2: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT

COBB Stage 1+ package - AccessPort tuner, COBB intake and airbox. Stage 2 coming shortly - COBB 3" AT stainless DP and race cat, custom 3" Magnaflow-based exhaust and Stage 2 COBB tune.